Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Second FOX

+8
scorge30
eagle60
Reload3006
RichBirdHunter
dartfreak75
mrmat4570
Mohunter
Aussie
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My Second FOX - Page 2 Empty Re: My Second FOX

Post by scorge30 Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:42 pm

And from what I gather the fox is no slouch in the survival skills department either.

Although not quite sure when they were imported, the fox has a healthy population of rabbit and feral cats to dine on.

Not sure if Australia has coyote or any other large canid like wolves. In Yellowstone, it took the wolves less than a month to reduce the coyote population by almost half. The two canids do not get along with each other, although there are infrequent wolf-coyote crossbreeds.

Not suggesting they import coyote or wolf into Australia to curb the fox population, as it seems Australia has been having a hard time with imported species going wrong.

I am still envious of Aussie bagging a fox. It is a critter I have always wanted to hunt. I never got the time when I was in Virginia at Ft Useless.

Aussie if you bag more fox please post the pics. It is nice seeing a lady who hunts well. Before children my wife used to accompany me into the duck blind, and occasionally the deer stand. Since we have had children she has put aside hunting. I hope Aussie that you continue to hunt, as I have hope eternal I can convince my wife to pick it up again.
scorge30
scorge30

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussie Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:46 pm

Scorge I will be sure to post more pics if I bag another Fox.....I will continue to hunt as long as I can hold a Rifle....I love it truly love it...There is nothing better....I would like to bag myself a feral pig one day that would be awesome..
I have to admit I have been lucky to bag those foxes I am in no way a seasoned shooter so it does do something for your confidence...
(Only been shooting for 2yrs)
My children beg to go shooting so I am lucky there...
Aussie
Aussie

Back to top Go down

Post by scorge30 Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:13 pm

Aussie shooting only 2 years and able to bag a couple fox - you have the right to be proud!

Keep up the good work.
scorge30
scorge30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum