Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a little more tinkering with the tubing jacket bullets

+8
hawcer
algunjunkie
dartfreak75
eagle60
Daywalker
RichBirdHunter
Reload3006
billarrington
12 posters

Go down

a little more tinkering with the tubing jacket bullets Empty a little more tinkering with the tubing jacket bullets

Post by billarrington Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:36 pm

i worked on a notch punch today, i need to make the hp punch narrower and longer now i think.....we will see tomorrow when i wax these .....bill

a little more tinkering with the tubing jacket bullets Picture002

billarrington

Back to top Go down

a little more tinkering with the tubing jacket bullets Empty Re: a little more tinkering with the tubing jacket bullets

Post by Reload3006 Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:43 pm

while your making them I need one in 44 Very Happy looks great bill
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

a little more tinkering with the tubing jacket bullets Empty Re: a little more tinkering with the tubing jacket bullets

Post by RichBirdHunter Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:48 pm

WOW! Me likie
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:53 pm

wholy cow man!! Great job Bill I knew you could do it. I almost have the heart to get back into swaging LOL....

As soon as I get some stuff in order and get back on my feet, we will have to talk hehehehe....

Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:57 pm

I wonder if a man had bought some cheap bullets, say berrys in 45's RN, run those up in the swage die to serate them like that and then back to the HP, if that would work? Be a great adition to reloaders who don't swage but kinda want the Gold Dot effects since Gold Dots are plated bullets with those style tips.

Maybe even be able to do plain cast as well......
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle60 Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:28 am

Kudos bill, very nice indeed! Wonder if you could incorporate the hp punch with the serrations ??
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:33 pm

wow i like that alot you need to make me one lol
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by algunjunkie Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:29 pm

very very very nice

I approve, just ship it to me for Q&E

algunjunkie

http://algunjunkie.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:41 am

Neat! I love it....makes them hp's look down right nasty Twisted Evil
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Pathfinder Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:12 am

Nice Bill!!!!!
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hughie Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:55 pm

Bill did you make that punch on a mill or lathe or did you press it to get that shape?? nice looking bullets Very Happy
Hughie
Hughie

Back to top Go down

Post by billarrington Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:42 pm

hughie i made it on my lathe, wv engineering lol,,i chucked up a 60 degree burr in the lathe and fashioned me up a holder for the 1/2 round then just went back and forth across the face to depth, then i rotated the round 120 degrees and repeted, and the a third time... i hade to tri-angle file it to smooth it up....bill

billarrington

Back to top Go down

Post by Hughie Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:25 pm

WOW nice work bill I like it thats some good looking bullets . What a Face
Hughie
Hughie

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:58 pm

wow thats nice you want to make me one?? lol
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by DanRickard Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:28 am

lol.. everyone wants one now... haha.. i made one as well for my 45's. thanks to daywalker for showing me some pics of someone elses.

they are easy to make.. i used a dremmel and some scrap wood to build a jig. i made mine to fit into my 45acp buttet seating die..

Smile
dan
DanRickard
DanRickard

Back to top Go down

Post by DanRickard Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:22 am

billarrington wrote:hughie i made it on my lathe, wv engineering lol,,i chucked up a 60 degree burr in the lathe and fashioned me up a holder for the 1/2 round then just went back and forth across the face to depth, then i rotated the round 120 degrees and repeted, and the a third time... i hade to tri-angle file it to smooth it up....bill

bill, please excuse my lack of lathe knowledge, is the 60 degree burr something you put in the tool holder?

did you have to fashion up a holder for the 1/2 inch round because your lathe chuck couldn't close down far enough?

just trying to understand how you used the lathe to make it.

thanks,
dan
DanRickard
DanRickard

Back to top Go down

Post by uncleskippy Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:25 am

Dan,

Can you help someone like me to make one? How did you do it? Have any pictures?

Thanks

Skip
uncleskippy
uncleskippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:29 am

DanRickard wrote:
billarrington wrote:hughie i made it on my lathe, wv engineering lol,,i chucked up a 60 degree burr in the lathe and fashioned me up a holder for the 1/2 round then just went back and forth across the face to depth, then i rotated the round 120 degrees and repeted, and the a third time... i hade to tri-angle file it to smooth it up....bill

bill, please excuse my lack of lathe knowledge, is the 60 degree burr something you put in the tool holder?

did you have to fashion up a holder for the 1/2 inch round because your lathe chuck couldn't close down far enough?

just trying to understand how you used the lathe to make it.

thanks,
dan
you can use your lathe as a mini mill.
Chuck your Burr... or counter sink in your lathe chuck and mount the piece you are wanting to slot on the compound rest of your lathe. then use the cross slide to move the piece back and forth across the burr.
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum