Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

swage ideas

5 posters

Go down

swage ideas Empty swage ideas

Post by dartfreak75 Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:08 am

Iv got some 45 swage dies on the way soon as I get them I got some cool ideas here they are tell me what you think first I'm gonna make some of the glasor safety bullets its a jacketed bullet filled with shot and toped off with a polymer tip second i got a idea I haven't got a name yet but its a lead core jacketed bullet with a steel ballistic tip I got a few more ideas but there a bit more in depth. So what tall think
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

swage ideas Empty Re: swage ideas

Post by Reload3006 Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:23 am

be careful with your dies and try it dont use too much pressure. worse thing happens is you have to melt it down and start over. he who never tries never succeeds
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:41 am

Like Reload stated, you never learn unless you try... I would like to state this..... use pure lead and I would try to stay away from using anything steel. Swage dies will split and the last thing you want to do is try and replace a die that is almost a year behind in production right now.....
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:25 am

Keep thinking dart...any idea is better than staring at a blank canvas without a clue of what to do.

I've been saving various sized ball bearings for the possible use as in bullets....Now I'll let you be the guinea pig first Smile

Just don't try using them in conjunction with the hollow point punch. If you find a good way to seat the bearing after the hp cavity is formed...that should work.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:27 pm

That's what I got hawcer ball bearings after the ogive has started forming I'm gonna pull out the nose HP punch and drop a bb down in the HP then finish the nose forming it will be cool the bb should not touch any part of the die so it shouldn't hurt anything I also want to do the same with a plastic bb I also what to get a 40 cal stage punch to use for the core seater instead of the squirt punch so I can make flat cores to make HP like the varment grenades iv got some cool ideas I just gotta get a press and dies LOL
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle60 Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:31 pm

That's what it is all about Dart - thinking outside of the box. As long as you're dreaming you've got something to work towards. I'm anxious to see how these turn out for you.
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:10 pm

Thanks eagle
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content