Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pour Rate

2 posters

Go down

Pour Rate Empty Pour Rate

Post by Reload3006 Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:05 am

I ran into an interesting phenomena yesterday. I got out my 3 Lyman molds all 2 cavity for 38 different styles of bullets I usually like to run 3 molds because it keeps them all about the right temp to make good bullets. I had an interesting thing happen to me while I was doing my casting bit. My bullets were all turning out like crap. I know i had my molds to temp because the bullets while not properly filled out were frosted. Yep molds hot enough but still wasn't making good bullets. Well my Lee Production pots spout was partially plugged up and after I took a wire and cleaned it out and the volume of lead was drastically increased ... Bingo Good bullets. So I learned something new and have been at this a long time. You have to have a good flow of lead to make a good bullet. What was really amazing was the drastic improvement in bullet quality lol makes you wonder how we ever managed to make good bullets with a dipper LOL.
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Pour Rate Empty Re: Pour Rate

Post by eagle60 Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:27 pm

Thanks for sharing Reload. Just goes to show that we're never too old (or experienced) to learn something new. And if nothing else, bring what we know back into focus.
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down