Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kel Tec 16U rifle modifications....

2 posters

Go down

Kel Tec 16U rifle modifications.... Empty Kel Tec 16U rifle modifications....

Post by victor8881 Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:20 pm

Anyone have a Kel Tec 16U that they did modification that they would like to share??? Currently my weapon has a flash suppressor, bio-pod railing stock removed and placed a Kel Tec rail frame that looks more "tactical" Of course I have a optic set up.... Let me know what you have... I want to deck this piece of work out. Mine has given me zero issues, looks pretty random stock so I did my best to deck it out. However, either way it shoot like a dream.

victor8881

Back to top Go down

Kel Tec 16U rifle modifications.... Empty Re: Kel Tec 16U rifle modifications....

Post by badjeep02 Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:58 am

I have a SU-16A which is pretty much stock for the most part. Never really heard of an 16U, most be something new/er. I was running a cheap red dot on it with no zeroing issues. That’s shooting Silverbear and PMC ammo, nothing high-end or anything. That’s easy to say with a red dot though. Now I’m looking for a scope more for close range but still have some magnification, any ideas? I was looking at other stocks and toys for it but the prices were disappointing. I really don’t want to pay AR prices for AR wanta-be rifles. Don't get me wrong, I love the gun and It does shoot great.
badjeep02
badjeep02

Back to top Go down

Kel Tec 16U rifle modifications.... Empty Re: Kel Tec 16U rifle modifications....

Post by victor8881 Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:13 am

badjeep02 wrote:I have a SU-16A which is pretty much stock for the most part. Never really heard of an 16U, most be something new/er. I was running a cheap red dot on it with no zeroing issues. That’s shooting Silverbear and PMC ammo, nothing high-end or anything. That’s easy to say with a red dot though. Now I’m looking for a scope more for close range but still have some magnification, any ideas? I was looking at other stocks and toys for it but the prices were disappointing. I really don’t want to pay AR prices for AR wanta-be rifles. Don't get me wrong, I love the gun and It does shoot great.

Correction: SU-16CA.... It's the California version. I purchased mine from an online gun broker, and I was shocked when I put this gun in my hands and felt how much "plastic it was made of". Gave off the BB gun vibe if you ask me! Only put 40 rounds tops in it... thus far it was decent. Iron sight did pretty well at 75 yards.. HATE....HATE THAT STUPID BIO PAD RAIL FRAME!!!!! Mine is gone! looking into a flash suppressor. It's a decent gun just very put off on the all the plastic parts! Like that you can fold it in half and carry it in a back pack or under a typical seat in a truck or car. Mine is the California version so it is not able to fire while folded like the rest of the models, so I lose that function. Personally the gun is so ugly and off putting that it appeals to me like a custom AR or AK would. Let me know if you pushing reloads and let me know how it takes this kind of ammo.

victor8881

Back to top Go down

Post by badjeep02 Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:32 pm

Sorry dude it’s been so long but I got sidelined by a Glock project. I’m still looking for a scope for my SU-16A. I’m thinking of a Bushnell Banner 1.5-4x30 or something like that. If you got loads cooked up for your kel-tec I'd love to hear them. The last load I was playing around with was a 55gr hornady boattail and 25.0gr of Varget. I can’t remember the OAL. Sorry about the California thing, I'd send you some 30rd P-mags if they wouldn't lock you away forever.
badjeep02
badjeep02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down