Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New toy alert! Metro Arms (American classic) AMIGO

+4
psloader
RichBirdHunter
eagle60
hawcer
8 posters

Go down

New toy alert! Metro Arms (American classic) AMIGO Empty New toy alert! Metro Arms (American classic) AMIGO

Post by hawcer Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:58 pm

I picked up a new toy today at the gunshow Smile

I already put about 100 rounds through it with out a single hiccup....pretty accurate too Very Happy
Sorry about the crappy cell phone pics...the batts were dead in the camera Sad
New toy alert! Metro Arms (American classic) AMIGO 08-12-10
New toy alert! Metro Arms (American classic) AMIGO 08-12-11

It's a Metro Arms "Amigo" which is a Officer sized 1911 45acp.

Last edited by hawcer on Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

New toy alert! Metro Arms (American classic) AMIGO Empty Re: New toy alert! Metro Arms (American classic) AMIGO

Post by eagle60 Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:14 pm

Man that thing looks nice!! Congrats on the toy Yehaw
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

New toy alert! Metro Arms (American classic) AMIGO Empty Re: New toy alert! Metro Arms (American classic) AMIGO

Post by RichBirdHunter Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:35 pm

Cool, when can borrow it ; )
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by psloader Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:41 pm

Nice !! looks like it is in great shape too have fun .

psloader

Back to top Go down

Post by tripples Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:08 pm

There is something about a 1911. Congrats on the new toy.

I recently picked up a new Les Baer PII with nite sights and have found myself shooting it faster than I can load for it.

tripples

Back to top Go down

Post by george457d Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:42 am

Looks about the size of my Kimber , and she fit's nice in my hind-pocket handgun
george457d
george457d

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:34 am

george457d wrote:Looks about the size of my Kimber , and she fit's nice in my hind-pocket handgun

When comparing to Kimber's this is in between the Ultra and Pro carry in size...Same size grip frame as the the Ultra with a barrel length splitting the difference at 3.5".

It does have the bushingless bull barrel like you find in the smaller Kimbers and other's of this size. Steel frame instead of Aluminum...so it is just a bit heavier to carry.

I tried many types of ammo through it, factory fmj, hp and few different kinds of my handloads...it ate everything I put in it. It shoots a little low at 15+ yards, but not too bad. Good trigger feel and great slide to frame fit. No break in period required on this one...it was a champ right out of the box.Smile

Nice little 45 for the price

I also got the little brother approval...he wants to know why every gun I bring over to shoot with him feels so nice and shoots great,lol.

The specs:

Caliber: 45 ACP
Overall Length: 7 .25"
Barrel Length: 3.5"
Height: 5"
Width: 1.25"
Weight (empty): 32.45 oz.
Frame: 4140 Steel
Slide: 4140 Hammer Forged Steel
Single Action
Novak-Style Rear Sight
Dovetail Front Sight
Flared Ejection Port
Extended Slide Stop
Beavertail Grip Safety
Combat Hammer
Combat trigger
Rear Serration on Slide
Extended Thumb Safety
Throated FORGED STEEL Barrel
Hardwood Grip
7-Rd Magazine with Bumper Pad
Finish: Deep Blue
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by RemMan700 Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:07 pm

Nice!
RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:52 am

Just something sexy about a 1911 no matter who makes it!! I would own a 1911 by every manufacture possible......
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:24 pm

Daywalker wrote:Just something sexy about a 1911 no matter who makes it!! I would own a 1911 by every manufacture possible......

Yep, it make a nice little brother to the Taurus PT1911 I bought a year or so ago Smile

I had sold my S&W 44 mag recently So I had extra cash on me when I went to the show. I really didn't see anything I wanted within my price range. I was about to walk out the door when that little jewel caught my eye...it was priced right(~ $500), looked good and the dealer was a really nice guy too....so it followed me home. Very Happy
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down