Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A easy tip, when pan lubing

4 posters

Go down

A easy tip, when pan lubing Empty A easy tip, when pan lubing

Post by Blade Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:50 pm

Hey guys

Just something that i accidentally stumbled upon. When you pan lube your boolits, after pouring the lube mix into the pan with your boolits facing up, sometimes you will see that the lube doesn't "fill up" everywhere. In order to correct this, just gently blow into the pan. When the lube is still nice and hot, you will instantly see the lube correcting/leveling itself in between the other boolits.

I hope this works, because I'm sure i wasn't the only one struggling with this problem. Otherwise you can also try bumping the pan gently, but blowing into the pan works a hell of a lot easier and faster. Plus if you do get a phew bubbles on top, by blowing it will take care of some of the bigger bubbles, unfortunately not all, but most.
Blade
Blade

Back to top Go down

A easy tip, when pan lubing Empty Re: A easy tip, when pan lubing

Post by wiederladertv Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:17 am

Or you put the pan with bullets and lube into an oven for some minutes. The lube is correcting leveling itself too and bond better to the "hot" bullets.
wiederladertv
wiederladertv

http://www.wiederlader.tv

Back to top Go down

Post by scorge30 Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:19 pm

Thanks for the tips as I have to still pan lube until my lubrasizer heater gets here. Evil or Very Mad
scorge30
scorge30

Back to top Go down

Post by wiederladertv Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:45 pm

@scorge30

Which kind of lubrasizer you will get?
wiederladertv
wiederladertv

Back to top Go down

Post by scorge30 Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:49 pm

I have an old Lyman #45 that I inherited a long time ago when my Grandfather passed.

Some of the newer lubes require some heat & I dislike using a propane torch on the side of the lubrisizer as Grandfather used to do as I have a hard time keeping the heat steady.

I'm also terrified I will set my bench afire, or discover the hard way that charge of H110 I dumped or the couple of large rifle magnum primers that spilled on the table.
scorge30
scorge30

Back to top Go down

Post by wiederladertv Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:57 pm

LOL Very Happy
wiederladertv
wiederladertv

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:21 pm

Scorge, Wink

Get you auminum plate if you can find it. Mount that lubrisizer to the plate and mount it on your bench. Then you can take a clothes iron, plug it in and place it onto the aluminum plate. Instant heater that costed hardly nothing and controllable.

I have a heater for my 4500, I do use my heat gun to apply warm air to the side sometimes. I hair dryer also works very well. The clothes iron on an aluminum plate would be a better choice between the 3..
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scorge30 Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:54 pm

Well that is a good tip. But I already ordered one of the plate type from Midway when ever it gets here.

I'm going to have to rig some kind of thermostat for that plate though, because like you mentioned the new heaters are either on full or off.

I'm looking at rigging an extension cord with a light dimmer switch to adjust the temp of the heater.

'though the iron & aluminum plate is a good idea & I did not even think about the heat gun which I have lying around here someplace.

I get most of my hard stick lube from Jake on Evilbay. I have been buying his hard Red Rooster clone for several years now & really like his Purple Moly Crescin lube for high speed rifle.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380103285421&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
scorge30
scorge30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down