Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

any recommended slings for a AR15 pistol?

3 posters

Go down

any recommended slings for a AR15 pistol? Empty any recommended slings for a AR15 pistol?

Post by hawcer Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:11 pm

I picked up a Adams arms 11.5" piston upper and will be building a pistol on a stripped DoubleStar lower. I'm hoping to eventually register it as a SBR, but a pistol will do fine for now.

Can anyone recommend a good sling to use? The upper doesn't have a forward sling swivel, but I might be able to add one. I can also add a sling mount in front of the buffer tube and it is also possible to add a sling swivel to the end of the buffer tube....so any configuration could be used.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

any recommended slings for a AR15 pistol? Empty Re: any recommended slings for a AR15 pistol?

Post by scorge30 Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:18 am

I have a CQB sling from Tactical Tailor that I like a lot.
scorge30
scorge30

Back to top Go down

any recommended slings for a AR15 pistol? Empty Re: any recommended slings for a AR15 pistol?

Post by RemMan700 Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:20 am

I am not sure if you can pull off a two point sling or not. If you can I highly recommend the Viking Tactics two point padded sling. It is amazing how stable you can hold the gun when you cinch the sling tight. Check out the site below that shows the sling. They also have some good single point slings.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:09 pm

Thanks for the info guys!

I kinda favor the 2pt....but a 1pt might be a little better for a pistol. The convertible 2pt/1pt sling might be the best option.

I have a swivel on the end of the buffer tube, I need to add a sling attachment point at the buffer tube nut.....and prolly one on the front of the handguard rail. That way, all the bases are covered.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by RemMan700 Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:36 am

If you do decide you want a VTAC two point keep an eye on this site.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They show sold out but when they come in stock again you can get free shipping. That is also a good site to buy AR stuff from.
RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:20 pm

Thanks for the link...looks like a nice sling, I'll keep my eye on it.

I have a cheap 2pt sling around hear somewhere with the quick connect type ends, but i have not been able to locate it yet. I was going to see if I could get it to work in a way I liked before coughing up the dough for a good one.

I did find a cheap sling in the closet I put on it for now...but it had no ends at all, so after looping it to the swivels....it seems a little on the short side.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down