Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opening morning of KY modern gun season

4 posters

Go down

Opening morning of KY modern gun season Empty Opening morning of KY modern gun season

Post by brow_tines Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:03 am

Modern gun season opened yesterday here, in the zone I live in, it's buck only. So, I get up at 5:00am drink some coffee and start my ritual of getting ready. I make it to the woods walking in without a flashlight (yes the moon was that bright Sad ) I get in the stand and "settled in" by 6:35 high winds gusting up to around 20 mph. Yes I'm having flashbacks of Muzzleloading season, but I still try and stay possible. I don't see anything during the morning hours, so I think mid-day they will move. I stay in the stand until about 11:30 when I was to hungry to handle it anymore. So I climb down, while sneaking out I walk up on a freshly horned bush, that raised my hopes. So I go home eat, and make it back into the stand by 2:00 pm. With the fresh rub, my hopes are high, so I sit and sit. With nothing coming out, around 5:00 squrriels finally start to come out and play. So I think to myself, here is the "golden hour" of hunting just hang tight and he will come cruzing. The only thing that comes is dust and then dark.
So day 1 was a bust, I have to work today and tomorrow, so by Wednesday this wind and rain are suppost to be gone. The moon phase is suppost to be better this weekend, so I'm hitting the woods hard the end of the week.

Thanks for reading.
brow_tines
brow_tines

Back to top Go down

Opening morning of KY modern gun season Empty Re: Opening morning of KY modern gun season

Post by chingachkook Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:03 pm

Hey Tines, stay confident that your skills and determination will get you that Buck and you will be rewarded. cartmoose
chingachkook
chingachkook

Back to top Go down

Opening morning of KY modern gun season Empty Re: Opening morning of KY modern gun season

Post by Reload3006 Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:26 pm

My opening morning Sat. was about the same. But I consider anytime spent in the woods looking at my ground and critters is a great day. Much better than any I have spent at work. .. If I should get a deer. Great Sausage and BackStraps. YUM if I dont the grocery store is full of great tasting food. LOL I Cant loose Very Happy
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by EdgarEg Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:29 pm

brow_tines wrote:Modern gun season opened yesterday here, in the zone I live in, it's buck only.
I grew up between Corbin and Williamsburg. You anywhere near that?
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Post by brow_tines Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:14 pm

@Reload3006 I feel the same way, but I got a hog I'm gonna slaughter this week, soooooo I should be good on meat for awhile. (I'm guessing she weights around 350 lbs Smile )

@EdgarEg --- I'm in Monticello, just south of Somerset.
brow_tines
brow_tines

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down