Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you keep the paper seal under the lid of the powder canister?

+5
dartfreak75
brow_tines
eagle60
Reload3006
EdgarEg
9 posters

Go down

Do you keep the paper seal under the lid of the powder canister? I_vote_lcap65%Do you keep the paper seal under the lid of the powder canister? I_vote_rcap 65% 
[ 11 ]
Do you keep the paper seal under the lid of the powder canister? I_vote_lcap0%Do you keep the paper seal under the lid of the powder canister? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Do you keep the paper seal under the lid of the powder canister? I_vote_lcap35%Do you keep the paper seal under the lid of the powder canister? I_vote_rcap 35% 
[ 6 ]
Do you keep the paper seal under the lid of the powder canister? I_vote_lcap0%Do you keep the paper seal under the lid of the powder canister? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 17

Do you keep the paper seal under the lid of the powder canister? Empty Do you keep the paper seal under the lid of the powder canister?

Post by EdgarEg Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:05 pm

It flings powder when you remove it.

A canister of smokeless powder usually has a paper seal under the lid on top of the mouth of the canister.
Do you keep the paper seal under the lid of the powder canister? Powder10
Are you supposed to keep that or throw it away?

The reason I ask is that I tried keeping it. Since the thing has glue on it it has some flakes of powder stuck on it. Then when I went to remove it it always came off like it was spring loaded and flakes of powder got flung over the room.
If you do keep it can you remove the glue? What do you do?
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Do you keep the paper seal under the lid of the powder canister? Empty Re: Do you keep the paper seal under the lid of the powder canister?

Post by Reload3006 Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:18 pm

goes straight in the trashcan. I used to try to keep it because I thought seal the bottle. But I had the same problems you are talking about ...So in the can it goes muy pronto.
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Do you keep the paper seal under the lid of the powder canister? Empty Re: Do you keep the paper seal under the lid of the powder canister?

Post by eagle60 Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:26 pm

I usually keep it. No particular reason I guess except I just don't trash them lol. Sometimes I think about chunking them because of the same problem you are talking about - -
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by brow_tines Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:41 am

I've never really thought about it, just always reused it.
brow_tines
brow_tines

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:42 pm

i stick them down in the lid a reuse them!
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by EdgarEg Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:04 pm

eagle60 wrote:I usually keep it.
brow_tines wrote:I've never really thought about it, just always reused it.
dartfreak75 wrote:i stick them down in the lid a reuse them!
What about the flakes flinging across the room? You got a special way to open it that prevents that? Do you cover it with your other hand? Twist it instead of pulling it? What?
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle60 Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:26 pm

I usually tap on the top to knock off as much as I can and then open carefully. There will be a little bit that comes off but not really enough for me to worry about.
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by george457d Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:30 pm

I toss it ,when I get to the bottom of the can
Bug
george457d
george457d

Back to top Go down

Post by RemMan700 Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:58 pm

I throw it away because the lids have their own styrofoam seal.
RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:18 am

If it comes loose in one piece, I'll reuse it.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by EdgarEg Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:08 pm

What if I turned it up-side-down and stuck it back in the lid? That would avoid the mess I thik. You think it would still seal ok?
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicnac Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:27 pm

brow_tines wrote:I've never really thought about it, just always reused it.

+1 Same...................
Nicnac
Nicnac

Back to top Go down

Post by brow_tines Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:48 pm

EdgarEg wrote:What if I turned it up-side-down and stuck it back in the lid? That would avoid the mess I thik. You think it would still seal ok?

I think that just might work Wink
brow_tines
brow_tines

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down