Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick fix for Hornady concentricity tool

5 posters

Go down

Quick fix for Hornady concentricity tool Empty Quick fix for Hornady concentricity tool

Post by Shawn S. Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:53 pm

Hello all,
Dont know how many here use a concentricity tool, but for those who have the hornady I am sure you have noticed the ring scratched in your bullet from time to time? I took the black ball off the bullet spindle and removed it. The outside of the spindle is a polished smooth, but the mouth end and opening are a rougher machined surface. Mine was rough enough to not only scratch the bullets but also snag slightly causing the dial to jump. Kinda like a trigger with some creep. I took a dremel with a small buffing head and polishing compound and polished the mouth until very shiny. This along with a small amount of oil coating reduces the scratches and helps the cartridge turn more easily. I hope this helps someone and besides, this is my first post...so kind of a test run. Wink Forgive me if this has been brought up already. Have a good one.

Shawn

Shawn S.

Back to top Go down

Quick fix for Hornady concentricity tool Empty Re: Quick fix for Hornady concentricity tool

Post by eagle60 Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:00 am

I don't own one but that's good info for the ole tool box.
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Quick fix for Hornady concentricity tool Empty Re: Quick fix for Hornady concentricity tool

Post by Daywalker Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:54 pm

I will have to take a look at mine and try this tip out. I have noticed some little marks on my bullets. Some times I have to hold the black ball to keep the whole thing from turning.

Thanks for the heads up. Never thought about doing that...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EdgarEg Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:07 pm

Good idea. And the thing comes with 3 spindles (small, medium and large); might as well get all 3 while you're at it.
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Post by RemMan700 Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:14 pm

I will have to polish mine. I noticed it will leave a ring ever once in a while.
RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down