Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dillon

+4
XbonesX
Reload3006
RichBirdHunter
Daywalker
8 posters

Go down

Dillon Empty Dillon

Post by Daywalker Tue May 01, 2012 10:33 am

Ok guys and gals, I have another happy ending story. Well, a while back, the wifes 40 along with my 9 got stolen from a shop. I had sold the Dillon SDB for the 9mm and had kept the one setup for 45 and 40. I went to sell the one for the 40, dropped it on a concrete floor and broke a couple parts. I refused to sell it to anyone in that condition. Yesterday, the wife got her 40 replaced. So, needless to say, she said call Dillon get that press fixed and get me some ammo.

I just got off the phone with Dillon. The guy was patient with me as I told him the whole story from where I bought it, how out of date it was, to dropping it breaking a few parts. He got a good laugh from my story, (not sure why) and asked for my customer number. He asked if my address and everything was still the same. I said yes. He said well sir, here your option. We send you a box and give you a return autherization number, you package it up and send the whole press back to us. For 69.95, we will go through the entire machine and totally rebuild it, and bring it up to date as if you just bought a brand new one. Heck for 69.95, basically a brand new machine wth all brand new parts, you think I am crazy? I whipped out that CC, he gave me my numbers. Now I just sit back, wait for the box to arrive, send it off and 3 weeks laters, I get, well, just about a band new machine with all of the upgrades...

Just thought I would pass along anothe successful Dillon customer care story.....
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dillon Empty Re: Dillon

Post by RichBirdHunter Tue May 01, 2012 10:37 am

A happy ending means something else around here!! Shocked Glad your back up and running
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Tue May 01, 2012 11:17 am

Great to hear your back in the saddle!!!!
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by XbonesX Tue May 01, 2012 1:59 pm

They used to do that for free. I guess business is good.

Congrats on getting your press fixed and getting the 40 replaced.
XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by RemMan700 Tue May 01, 2012 2:26 pm

Cool deal!
RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by brow_tines Tue May 01, 2012 2:47 pm

Does yhis mean more videos from Daywalker627 ? Man i hope so Wink
brow_tines
brow_tines

Back to top Go down

Post by EdgarEg Tue May 01, 2012 8:36 pm

Daywalker wrote:Well, a while back, the wifes 40 along with my 9 got stolen from a shop.
A gunsmith shop? A gun shop where you were selling them on consignment? Did the shop insurance cover it?
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle60 Tue May 01, 2012 11:15 pm

Way to go dude !
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Wed May 02, 2012 12:52 pm

EdgarEg wrote:
Daywalker wrote:Well, a while back, the wifes 40 along with my 9 got stolen from a shop.
A gunsmith shop? A gun shop where you were selling them on consignment? Did the shop insurance cover it?

Was getting some work done to them. No, the insrance did not cover it. They are covered with a sign stating they were not responsible for lost or stolen property. They did me good. They cut me a good deal on these new guns that I bought from them. They had lost more personal stuff themselves in this event as well...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:15 am

I wasn't able to send the press when I first started this thread. I did get it sent off and just got it back today. 12 day turn around. It looks brand new. Did not get the update like I thought I understood. Still have the old spring style powder return system. For 24.99, I can order the new SDB Powder Measure Failsafe kit.

Found out that there is the Square Deal and then The Square Deal B. The difference is, in 1992, the Square Deal was phased out. They added the low primer alarm system and the Powder Failsafe system. They called it the Square Deal B then...

Other than that one part still needing to be updated, they went through the entire machine and replaced parts, bolts, and other items, gave it a very good cleaning and a relubed the whole machine. I am going to mount it to the table, mess with it. In the meantime, I am going to order the failsafe system and convert it over myself.

Oh, one thing they did add to my box that I wasn't expecting, a low powder alarm system as well as the low primer alarm system. I did not have the low powder alarm system as it was prior to 1992. Really did not have either of the system. My other SQD which is new and is the B, has both alarm systems....
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down