Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got to give Dillon a Big ole pat on the back

+4
XbonesX
RichBirdHunter
Reload3006
Daywalker
8 posters

Go down

Got to give Dillon a Big ole pat on the back Empty Got to give Dillon a Big ole pat on the back

Post by Daywalker Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:02 pm

Ok, So far, I am impressed with Dillon's Customer service. I have just gotten a Dillon Square Deal B progressive handgun reloading press. I was told when placing the primer magazine tube into the holder, there was a certain way to line it up and it will drop in from the individual that I purchased this set up from.

Anyhow, I had messed up the large primer feed, plastic red tip on the magizine. It would feed one primer, then the next would get crooked and not feed. Then the third would feed dropping the second one onto the floor.

I just got off the phone with Dillon. I explained to the guy answering that I messed the "ear" that holds the primer until the primer cup pushes the pin in brings the primer back to the shellplate. He asked for my zip code and last name. Then he pretty much told me my address since I had requested a catalog from them the other day.

Any rate, The guy told me that he would send a pack of the red tips to me to replace the one I broke. I asked how much so I could pay over the phone, he told me nothing. I explained again my fault not theirs. Again he told me not to worry about it, they were going to send me a new package of them out. I tried once more, but he would not let me pay for them nor pay for shipping...

I even bought the press second hand!! That right there is taking care of customers. I have loaded so far a bit over 100 rounds on this press and I do like the time it has cut down on loading my plinking rounds for my handguns.

Can't wait to load up some 40's and 9's now that I have loaded 45's cast. Gonna shoot these hopefully Wednesday....

Oh and no, I did not buy XbonesX's Dillon. He had the 550B for sale hehehe...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Got to give Dillon a Big ole pat on the back Empty Re: Got to give Dillon a Big ole pat on the back

Post by Reload3006 Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:09 pm

I've never had a Dillon but have heard that same story think i will get one some day I am happy for you Tommy that is an impressive piece of gear You are going to post Pics arent you? I WANNA SEE I WANNA SEE cheers
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Got to give Dillon a Big ole pat on the back Empty Re: Got to give Dillon a Big ole pat on the back

Post by RichBirdHunter Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:35 pm

Who cares about the press, did it come with pics of the dillon girls???? I really looked at dillon but went with hornady. Post vids of you learning it
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:43 pm

Oh trust me Rich, I got on the mailing list for the blue book. Wonder if they have a calander?? LOL

Thanks Reload. First time I ever made a deicision like this. What really pushed me in the direction was a deal of a lifetime and I doubt I would ever get such a good deal like that again...

Video 1 is uploaded and vid 2 is not too far behind. Forgive my with these 2 vids as I have never really done a press review and wasn't sure what to say about it...

I will be doing a 3rd vid showing how to set the toolings up on the Square Deal Press as these are not regular reloading dies.....
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XbonesX Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:24 pm

Daywalker wrote:Oh trust me Rich, I got on the mailing list for the blue book. Wonder if they have a calander??
yes....drink the Blue Koolaid, its good for you. The calendar chicks will want you if you drink the blue koolaid Twisted Evil

LOL just giving you crap for all the years you teased me for "drinking the blue koolaid".

glad you had a great experience with Dillon. I found out once you get on the list for the catalog you are assigned a customer id# where they can keep track of what they have done to help you. When I give them that # is when I seemed to get better help.

My first couple calls with their customer service was mixed, third time bad, 4th and 5th time great. On the third time the guy was pretty rude and actually ended up charging me for a part they were not supposed to. On the subsequent call I told them and they said they couldn't refund me but they sent me another part so I always had a spare.

Oh and yes they do sell Calendars, my cousin buys them every year. They are the same as the catalog though, but cost you about $12.
XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:42 pm

Yea I know I gave you crap for the last 2 years about drinking the blue koolaid. I still like the red koolaid tho. They taste great!!!

So far so good. I am enjoying the dillon and for the first time loading last night, I loaded 100 rounds, still checking the powder charge ever so often, missing a priming step and having to run up stairs to the water hole for a moment.... I was able to do it in about 39 minutes taking me sweet sweet time. That is still quicker than on a single stage...

If it weren't for the deal I got on it, I don't think I would be posting anything about a dillon as I still to this day prob would not have gotten one. I have been eyeballing the LnL from Big Supply Shop for 352 bucks which is 100.00 less than midway and midsouth at 432.00.. I may still get a LnL, maybe next year for my .223 rounds as the dillon square deal is for handguns only...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pathfinder Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:31 pm

Awesome. So nice to deal with a company that supports its product like that. I think they realize the importance of repeat business!
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Back to top Go down

Post by kcatto Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:57 am

dillon is still the best in my half boind eyes....
kcatto
kcatto

Back to top Go down

Post by Arty Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:22 pm

Congrats!!! Couldn't agree more on Dillon's customer service. They call it the No Bu** Sh** Guarantee. Once you have a Dillon loader you realize the other big advantage along with production (and the Blue Press Girls) - consistency. By the way, if you ever deal with MEC, they are another company w/ great customer service.
Arty
Arty

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:55 am

wow good to know i like that kind of back up from a company
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down