Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ar15 parts swapping thoughts

2 posters

Go down

Ar15 parts swapping thoughts Empty Ar15 parts swapping thoughts

Post by hawcer Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:57 am

This is my 11.5" Adams Arms piston (pistol)

Ar15 parts swapping thoughts Eotech10

And this is my Colt 10.5" 9mm upper. Which I have now mounted on a CMMG 9mm pistol lower. It also now has a quadrail and a Magpul grip and trigger guard.

Ar15 parts swapping thoughts 9mmupp10

I was originally going to SBR the Adams...but I think I might just swap out the barrel for a 16", so I can use a stock on it. I found a good deal on a Black Hole Weaponry barrel( 1-8",5.56 M4 w/polygonal rifling) that would be perfect...they are also throwing in a free flat top upper receiver with the purchase of the barrel.

...which brings me to the Colt 9mm. I was wanting to change the upper anyway. So the free flat top upper will end up on the 9mm.

So that leaves me with a slick side A1 Colt upper receiver and a 11.5" 5.56 1-7" CL barrel not being used...Should I sell them off or make a replica XM177/Commando? I have the matching handguards and buttstock for a xm177 in a box not being used either...so it wouldn't take much.

Like this:
Ar15 parts swapping thoughts XM177E1-609
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Ar15 parts swapping thoughts Empty Re: Ar15 parts swapping thoughts

Post by eagle60 Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:42 pm

If I was in that situation I think that I would go ahead and build the XM. As you said, you will already have most of the parts. A man can never have too many Smile
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:42 am

We took both of the above guns out for a shoot yesterday for one last bang before I start changing out parts...

I am really surprised at how accurate the short 11.5" 5.56 really is... We were hitting the 200 yard 12"x12" gong shot after shot. Standing, unsupported, with the Eotech. We were using my cheaper 55gr fmj handloads too...My son was more consistent than me, I have to admit.

I also was hitting the same gong with the AR 9mm pistol with quite a bit of hold-over...I'm guessing I hit it about 1/3 of the time....with no spotter...it was just a guessing game....it was fun just attempting it,LOL.

Anyways....the 11.5" barrel I have on the Adams at the moment is definitely a keeper, so I'll definitely have to put it in another upper. Smile
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down