Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gunsmith school

+6
kcatto
Daywalker
algunjunkie
RichBirdHunter
eagle60
dartfreak75
10 posters

Go down

gunsmith school Empty gunsmith school

Post by dartfreak75 Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:17 pm

i heys i decided im going back to school i found a trade school that does online at home gunsmithing diplomas im gonna do it i sent for the application soon as it gets here il fill it out and let yall know how it goes i can wait im exeited! here is the school please let me know if yall know something i dont know about online collages id hate to get scammed or anything!! http://www.pennfoster.edu/gunsmith/index.html
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

gunsmith school Empty Re: gunsmith school

Post by eagle60 Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:01 pm

I don't know anything about it good, bad, or ugly. I hope it works out well for you though. Keep up posted .
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by RichBirdHunter Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:24 pm

They can take almost anything from you, they can not take knowledge. Learn as much as you can.
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by algunjunkie Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:38 am

in my humble opinion, American Gunsmithing Institute is way better. It is video based and you get to keep the videos for reference later. It is done at home in your own time. I would rather watch and see it done versuses reading about it.

www.americangunsmith.com

algunjunkie

http://algunjunkie.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:33 pm

yea i looked into them as well i signed up for a free introduction packet so hopefully il be getting it soon!!
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:51 pm

Ive gotten the kit from AGI as I was looking to get my gunsmith through them. I agree they are top notch. I just can not afford the price they want right now and they won't work with me on payments or anything.

I have looked into getting a few of there dvd's tho on some of their topics...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kcatto Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:03 pm

I have the videos from AGI..... they are good real good....

just gotta get my FFL.... when we move later this year.... my neighborhood assoc. will not allow me to have FFL....

Last edited by kcatto on Sat May 07, 2011 5:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
kcatto
kcatto

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:12 pm

kcatto wrote:g
just gotta get my FFL.... when we move later this year.... my neighborhood assoc. will not allow me to have FFL....

I know how that goes.... The local town Marshall won't sign off on my FFL papers either. It kinda sucks...I could have had my FFL paid for with just the transfers I have had last year....and the fees keep going up.

hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:15 pm

yea that sucks im hoping i want have any troubles like that!
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by scorge30 Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:41 pm

I feel for you fellows that have to go to some elected official and get permission to get an FFL.

Here I just have to send the paperwork in to regain mine if I wanted to after I gave it up in 2004. When my partner retired, and I got recalled to active duty, our little shop we had going closed. Bob did a whole lot of work and I ran the parts and sales stuff. Ordering parts for Bob and our customers and ordering guns as well for our customers.

Bob graduated from the Lassen County Firearms school in Lassen County College just north of Susanville CA. Supposed to be one of the better gunsmithing schools on the west side of the states. Mike Bellm also graduated from the same school back in the late '60s.
scorge30
scorge30

Back to top Go down

Post by tcvpar Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:35 pm

sounds like all of you have it togather.. i too am lucky i know kcatto he can teach me all i need to know//....

tcvpar

Back to top Go down

Post by kcatto Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:19 pm

tcvpar wrote:sounds like all of you have it togather.. i too am lucky i know kcatto he can teach me all i need to know//....

You kidding???? You are the master QP, I am the grasshopper.....

don't let this guy fool ya.... he has forgotten more about gunsmithing than I will every know and has taught me almost everything I know, about loading, gunsmithing etc....

especially when it come to TC's....

kcatto
kcatto

Back to top Go down

Post by EdgarEg Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:50 pm

dartfreak75 wrote:i heys i decided im going back to school i found a trade school that does online at home gunsmithing diplomas im gonna do it i sent for the application soon as it gets here il fill it out and let yall know how it goes i can wait im exeited! here is the school please let me know if yall know something i dont know about online collages id hate to get scammed or anything!! http://www.pennfoster.edu/gunsmith/index.html
So did this work out?
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Post by kcatto Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:21 am

EdgarEg wrote:
dartfreak75 wrote:i heys i decided im going back to school i found a trade school that does online at home gunsmithing diplomas im gonna do it i sent for the application soon as it gets here il fill it out and let yall know how it goes i can wait im exeited! here is the school please let me know if yall know something i dont know about online collages id hate to get scammed or anything!! http://www.pennfoster.edu/gunsmith/index.html
So did this work out?

Yes?

I too am curious about this venture??? did you start or finish??? I got the AGI videos and then I did the gunsmith course at the local trade school....
kcatto
kcatto

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down