Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

School teacher needed some bullets?

5 posters

Go down

School teacher needed some bullets? Empty School teacher needed some bullets?

Post by hawcer Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:59 pm

I had a science teacher from the local high school call me and ask for some lead bullets. After he assured me he isn't disgruntled or anything of that nature I agreed to let him come over and take a selection of whatever he thought he would need.

He needed lead balls or slugs to do some sort of chemistry experiment pertaining to heat retention in specific metals and all he could find locally was small fishing sinkers. My son tipped him off to all the lead I have,LOL.

he took a selection of 40cal lead bullets I use as cores and also my 45cal bullets I make from wheel weights. he was exited to here words like "antimony" and "tin"....he said that's another project I can do now....find the exact composition of metals in the alloy mix.

He also wants to come back and learn how to reload. He said he has always wanted to try, but just didn't think it was very easy or cost saving.

A non-liberal school teacher in this day and age is a rare breed....especially one under the age of 40!
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

School teacher needed some bullets? Empty Re: School teacher needed some bullets?

Post by Reload3006 Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:21 pm

Hot diggity dang ... you can teach the teacher WTG cheers
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

School teacher needed some bullets? Empty Re: School teacher needed some bullets?

Post by brow_tines Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:47 pm

Reload3006 wrote:Hot diggity dang ... you can teach the teacher WTG cheers

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are !!!
brow_tines
brow_tines

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle60 Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:23 pm

That is cool! tell him to bring some of his buddies over and have a reloading party Oooooh Yeah!

Last edited by eagle60 on Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by RichBirdHunter Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:42 pm

Good for all of you
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down