Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

B/H for ww bullets

+2
hawcer
GBM30274
6 posters

Go down

B/H for ww bullets Empty B/H for ww bullets

Post by GBM30274 Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:12 pm

Good Day everyone ; I was needing to know what the B/H for ww bullets are . If you need the type of bullet it is a 200 gr swc 45acp. Thank Glenn
GBM30274
GBM30274

http://brownglenn16@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

B/H for ww bullets Empty Re: B/H for ww bullets

Post by hawcer Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:45 pm

Since I don't Have a hardness tester...that's something I'd like to know too. I think it's around 12-13 and around 20 when water quenched and they get even harder over time.

I hope someone knows the real answer... scratch

EDIT:

I found this list in some notes I have...It looks fairly correct.

8 BHN immediately after casting and air-cooling
12 BHN about 2 weeks after casting with air-cooling
14-16 BHN in about 2 weeks if tin is added to the mix and air-cooled
18-30 BHN if water quenched
25-35 BHN if heat-treated in an oven and water quenched.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:51 pm

As far as I know, and what I have been told, Hawcer is about as close as anyone can guess without a tester. I am going to order me one hopefully if the household boss makes the final decision! LOL
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GBM30274 Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:42 pm

Well if it is 18-30 after water quenching , is it to hard to shoot out of a Glock?
I have a Glock or two and I water quench my boolets,but I haven't seen any leading . I'm the kind of guy that is a freek on keeping my GUN CLEAN anyway. Does any one see a problem with it beeing to hard for a Glock? if so please explain so I may correct this hardness.

handgun

Thanks, Glenn
GBM30274
GBM30274

http://brownglenn16@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:39 pm

GBM30274 wrote:Well if it is 18-30 after water quenching , is it to hard to shoot out of a Glock?
I have a Glock or two and I water quench my boolets,but I haven't seen any leading . I'm the kind of guy that is a freek on keeping my GUN CLEAN anyway. Does any one see a problem with it beeing to hard for a Glock? if so please explain so I may correct this hardness.

handgun

Thanks, Glenn

One word of caution with a Glock. If it has polygonal rifling , it is not recommended to use non-jacketed bullets(cast lead) in these barrels.

If it does have the standard type rifling and you haven't had any leading problems and also have good accuracy...it seems to be working, so don't mess with it! Wink
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by RemMan700 Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:09 am

Yeah they say lead in a Glock is a no-no but some do it. You just need to frequently pull the barrel out and check for leading. I just shoot plated Berry's or Rainer bullets through mine and they work out great.
RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by badjeep02 Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:09 pm

I watch a guy on youtube who owns a Gen4 Glock 23 and shoots nothing but lead through it and has yet to clean it. I guess he’s put 300 to 400 rounds in it so far. I don’t know if the Gen4’s have different rifling than the Gen3's, or if the guys just full of crap.
badjeep02
badjeep02

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:29 pm

I won't say he is full of crap and I won't say he isn't full of crap. All I will say, I only believe what I see on the video and even at that, I am very careful at what I believe Wink
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:39 pm

I have also heard that you can shoot cast through a Glock with no problems, but have yet to try it with my G20......so I have no personal experience with that.
Maybe I need a .40 cal mold so I can try some?

There's a good website I will refer you to that gives estimates for BHN on different alloys including WW's and some different mixes. It also tells the purity content of different types of lead. I use this site for all my casting alloy referrences, or any questions I have regarding what's in the lead I'm using.
Here----> http://www.lasc.us/CastBulletNotes.htm

Hope that helps.

~MO~
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down