Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rescuing the Mauser - Stock options

+7
badjeep02
kcatto
hawcer
CMAsailor
Reload3006
RichBirdHunter
algunjunkie
11 posters

Go down

Which stock to use

Rescuing the Mauser - Stock options I_vote_lcap0%Rescuing the Mauser - Stock options I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Rescuing the Mauser - Stock options I_vote_lcap65%Rescuing the Mauser - Stock options I_vote_rcap 65% 
[ 11 ]
Rescuing the Mauser - Stock options I_vote_lcap29%Rescuing the Mauser - Stock options I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 5 ]
Rescuing the Mauser - Stock options I_vote_lcap6%Rescuing the Mauser - Stock options I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 17

Rescuing the Mauser - Stock options Empty Rescuing the Mauser - Stock options

Post by algunjunkie Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:15 pm

Ok folks see the thread to see the build in action.

Here are the different stock that I have that can be used for the this build. Help me decide which way to go.

Stock 1
Rescuing the Mauser - Stock options DSC04209

Stock 2
Rescuing the Mauser - Stock options DSC04211

Stock 3
Rescuing the Mauser - Stock options DSC04210

The original one with a new metal butt plate. Just remember that this is chambered in 303 British and it will kick.

So lets get to deciding.

algunjunkie

http://algunjunkie.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Rescuing the Mauser - Stock options Empty Re: Rescuing the Mauser - Stock options

Post by RichBirdHunter Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:21 pm

The first one would do well in San Franisco being rainbow colors and all. I used Tung oil on mine and to wares well and easy to fix if you ding it
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Rescuing the Mauser - Stock options Empty Re: Rescuing the Mauser - Stock options

Post by Reload3006 Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:30 pm

I am a fairly traditional kinda guy. The pepper looks bad A@@ but I dont know how much I would be willing to pay for a 303 mauser. The Mauser Action is second to none. IMO but I'm not all that crazy about the 303
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by CMAsailor Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:20 pm

Reload3006 wrote:I am a fairly traditional kinda guy. The pepper looks bad A@@ but I dont know how much I would be willing to pay for a 303 mauser. The Mauser Action is second to none. IMO but I'm not all that crazy about the 303

It's just another cartridge with lots of history still going thump like the rest of em Cool
I like the Pepper one
CMAsailor
CMAsailor

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:36 pm

usually I'd go for the pepper...but the green does turn out really neat looking under multiple coats of tung oil.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by kcatto Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:07 pm

i am all for the greenish one.... pepper is awesome but it is becoming overdone.....

i think th greenish with nice duracoat,,,, a bold adjustable trigger,,,,

it would rock...
kcatto
kcatto

Back to top Go down

Post by badjeep02 Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:16 pm

I’d go with the pepper one. The green looks good as well but the multi color is a little to loud for me.
badjeep02
badjeep02

Back to top Go down

Post by notenoughguns Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:24 pm

The coloured stock are awesome with stainless or painted metal but never did care for them on blued barreled actions .Have two 1917 Remington's , one with a nutmeg and one with salt and pepper stocks and both have maroon metal . Which ever you choose , I'm sure youl enjoy it .

notenoughguns

Back to top Go down

Post by Hughie Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:03 pm

I like the pepper one think it would look nice.
Hughie
Hughie

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussie Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:41 pm

I like the Greenish looking one....I think that one would look bad ass...
There is a females opinion for ya.......(Since we have good taste and all LOL)
Aussie
Aussie

Back to top Go down

Post by kcatto Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:52 pm

Aussie wrote:I like the Greenish looking one....I think that one would look bad ass...
There is a females opinion for ya.......(Since we have good taste and all LOL)

i like your taste... green one for sure
kcatto
kcatto

Back to top Go down

Post by tripples Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:29 am

I would defenitly go with the green one they look awesome in the sun. I think that one will look extreemly good expecialy with the black that is exposed on that stock, It should make the green jump out at you.

I will say that all 3 have a nice pattern. Did you hand pick them or is that what was sent to you?
Tripples

tripples

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:48 am

you can always add more depth and contrast by applying a few coats of dark stain before the finish coats are applied.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down