Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my next press

+8
hawcer
badjeep02
Reload3006
RemMan700
eagle60
Travis
Daywalker
dartfreak75
12 posters

Go down

my next press Empty my next press

Post by dartfreak75 Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:21 pm

iv been looking at different presses im wanting another one to speed up the process a little i dont want to go progressive but i think i want a turret so i can set up all my dies and leave them all i have to do is change the turret itself when i change calibers i think i want the lee classic turret eventually id like to get it and the auto disk setup this will be my handgun only press what do yall think!
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=814175
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

my next press Empty Re: my next press

Post by Daywalker Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:29 pm

I know quite a few people with that press. They all enjoy it really well. You should like it. Lee is great about getting products out there for those who would like to move up without having to spend large amounts to produce the same quality rounds.
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:51 pm

Travis
Travis

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle60 Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:51 pm

The Lee 4-hole turret press is what I currently use. I am well pleased with it. I buy extra turrets along and when I get a particular caliber set up I leave rhem in there. Changing to a different caliber is as easy as changing the turret. Changing a turret with all the dies already set is the way to go for me.
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by RemMan700 Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:53 pm

That Lee Classic Cast turret is really nice and its nice how you can turn off the auto-indexing feature. Just make sure you buy a couple extra auto index bushings as they are made out of plastic. I have heard several people say they wore them out and had to buy replacements. If you dont get the Lee take a serious look at the Redding turret press. More holes in the turret head and it is a heck of a solid press.
RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:52 pm

the lee turrent is a good solid press if reloading is all you plan to do it is a great press for the money.
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:53 pm

Ok, I helped in moving off topic a bit. I went ahead and split this off and sent all swaging information over to the casting and swaging section of the board.

Told ya'll I was bad for getting off topic too...

Sorry about that Dart, I know you asked if that press was able to swage with, but it still got off topic of your turret press..

Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:02 am

no problem at all i enjoy reasding yall opinions thats why i ask lol im seriously thinking about that press though if i shoot my 45 as near as much as i plan on it im gonna have to speed up the loading process it takes me about 2 hours to load up 50 rounds the other night i want to get where i can load about 1000 or so in that time well maybe 500 lol
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by badjeep02 Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:23 pm

I use a Lyman T-Mag 2 turret press. It can take up to 6 dies and holds them solid. I highly recommend it; just don’t use it for sizing bullets. It will do it - it's just a little itching it. I think the press goes for about $150.
badjeep02
badjeep02

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:34 pm

yep, the T-mag is a great press....nothing is automated, which means nothing to break. it will hold up to six dies and has replaceable turret heads if you never want to remove the dies again...just fill another head and go. The linkage is dang near the same as a rockchucker...but i don't think the turret head will hold up to swaging.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:33 pm

yea i like that lyman alot myself i was looking at one on ebay!!
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by EdgarEg Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:07 am

Here's a turret press:

http://harrellsprec.com/index.php?crn=205&rn=386&action=show_detail

A little off the beaten path.

Last edited by EdgarEg on Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspelled word)
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:53 am

Salem, VA!! Wow never knew they were just around the corner from me. Less than a 40 minute drive. I am definatly going to have to go there and check them out...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:10 am

yea thats close to us thats a high doller press to i like it!
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by RemMan700 Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:51 pm

You could always just convert your single stage to take the Hornady LNL bushings. Then you could just pop your dies in and out without having to adjust them. It would also be cheaper them buying a press.
RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by XbonesX Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:19 pm

RemMan700 wrote:You could always just convert your single stage to take the Hornady LNL bushings. Then you could just pop your dies in and out without having to adjust them. It would also be cheaper them buying a press.

I just bought the LNL bushing change for my Rock Chucker. Right now I can't get the old thread bushing out of the Rock Chucker (need a bigger cresent wrench). However, one problem I know of is that the distance between the bottom of the ram and the die is going to be different on the Rock Chucker vs the LNL. Gavin (Ultimate Reloader) has a video creating a riser to get his Hornady single stage and LNL the same. Problem is I don't have a lathe like he does, so maybe someone on here will be nice enough and make one for me? Cool
XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:36 pm

badjeep02 wrote:I use a Lyman T-Mag 2 turret press. It can take up to 6 dies and holds them solid. I highly recommend it; just don’t use it for sizing bullets. It will do it - it's just a little itching it. I think the press goes for about $150.
+1 I love my Lyman T-Mag II best birthday present I ever got! Cool
I size my .452's on it with no problems, but they drop real close out of my MP mold so there's no more stress than knocking a primer out or seating a bullet. It's plenty strong for whatever you need to do, but if your looking to do some serious swaging of brass or seating cores for home made jacketed bullets, you better do that on a single stage press anyway. Like a Rock Chucker or something similar.
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by 2005ghostrider Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:04 pm

I've used the Lee Classic turret press for years loading thousands of pistol rounds but I don't like using it for rifle rounds. I like to do rifle rounds single stage and the turret press doesn't seem as precise seating rifle bullets. I do really like being able to set the dies in the turret and then just swap the whole thing when I want to load another caliber.

2005ghostrider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down