Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STMTC Defensive Rifle Class (Intro)

3 posters

Go down

STMTC Defensive Rifle Class (Intro) Empty STMTC Defensive Rifle Class (Intro)

Post by Sierrareloader Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:03 pm

Well folks I've been busy. But I am not out of the shooting sports or reloading. I took a class that in introducing the more practical defensive side of shooting. This is different to the typical Highpower Service Matches. The course I took is Defensive Rifle and frankly it kicked my butt. This is what I learned. I will change out my LBE. I will not use the older LBE that I had when I use to be in the ARMY. I will use something in the MOLLE category or similar. I learned all my mags are good to go in a defensive life threatening situation. No FTF's or similar SNAFU's except for the dummy rounds that we had to use for SPORT's. My rifle is good to go. It never jammed. It was hot the day we shot. San Antonio, Texas has only two seasons. Hot and Hotter with only about a month of two of cold weather. We call it spring break. I learned that I AM OVER WEIGHT. Nope, no one told me that but I figured that out myself. I am young enough that nothing should effect me so I need to take care of myself as much as I take care of my reloading and my rifles. This overweight problem caused me to understand that in a real life shooting scenario from the kneeling that I would have to drop behind a barricade onto both knees and shoot while sliceing the pie. In the standard kneeling I was exposing my head from cover. I would also expose my muzzle from behind cover. Stuff I should know but haven't practiced in years. Why? There was no such class in my area that gave such a course. Now the organization does. If your L.E. take the course. If your in security take the course. If your a citizen take the course. If your Military take the course. Doesn't matter if your male or female. This is a not a John Woo class. It is a no nonsense practical rifle course. So far I've taken the intro part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXNgRmifxZk&feature=autoplay&list=ULA5oHCdchS6U&index=3&playnext=2
Sierrareloader
Sierrareloader

Back to top Go down

STMTC Defensive Rifle Class (Intro) Empty Re: STMTC Defensive Rifle Class (Intro)

Post by RichBirdHunter Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:29 pm

Look's like fun, how much did that cost? I'd long to take a class on long range shooting
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

STMTC Defensive Rifle Class (Intro) Empty Re: STMTC Defensive Rifle Class (Intro)

Post by XbonesX Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:22 pm

RichBirdHunter wrote:Look's like fun, how much did that cost? I'd long to take a class on long range shooting

me too Rich. I wanted to do the Appleseed Project as its a good way to learn some practical long range shooting as well as history. however, the ones they offer in Utah are only at a couple hundred yards, i do that now. I am talking 500+ so i'll probably have to head to an event in another State.

Dennis, looks like a lot of fun and some very good lessons. If I could stand the heat I'd join ya in Texas. I do plan on attending the Gunsite program in Las Vegas sometime soon as its only about 6 hours away.
XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by RichBirdHunter Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:52 pm

XbonesX wrote:
RichBirdHunter wrote:Look's like fun, how much did that cost? I'd long to take a class on long range shooting

me too Rich. I wanted to do the Appleseed Project as its a good way to learn some practical long range shooting as well as history. however, the ones they offer in Utah are only at a couple hundred yards, i do that now. I am talking 500+ so i'll probably have to head to an event in another State.

Dennis, looks like a lot of fun and some very good lessons. If I could stand the heat I'd join ya in Texas. I do plan on attending the Gunsite program in Las Vegas sometime soon as its only about 6 hours away.

We could go to front site in Pahrump, Nv. If we can afford it? My mother-in-law lives there we can stay at her house for FFFFRRRRRREEEEEE
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by XbonesX Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:45 am

Thanks for correcting me, Front Site not Gunsite. But yeah Rich we'll have to look into it. I know they frequently run offers where you sign up for the class and pay the fee and you get a free Handgun.
XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by RichBirdHunter Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:51 am

XbonesX wrote:Thanks for correcting me, Front Site not Gunsite. But yeah Rich we'll have to look into it. I know they frequently run offers where you sign up for the class and pay the fee and you get a free Handgun.

And now that I know your not an axe murderer we can shack up
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by XbonesX Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:52 am

RichBirdHunter wrote:
XbonesX wrote:Thanks for correcting me, Front Site not Gunsite. But yeah Rich we'll have to look into it. I know they frequently run offers where you sign up for the class and pay the fee and you get a free Handgun.

And now that I know your not an axe murderer we can shack up

only if you buy me a drink first Embarassed

https://www.frontsight.com/free-gun.asp
XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sierrareloader Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:09 pm

Well, I already have an XD-40. Thats going to be used at one of the classes. Some of those classes are really expensive Shocked . Go ahead and take them and lets compare notes on what you guys did for the shooting drills. We'll compare notes and compare price.. Suspect .
Sierrareloader
Sierrareloader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down