Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spring Predator Control

+12
scorge30
Nicnac
sdsviper
dartfreak75
XbonesX
eagle60
RemMan700
fletch_medic
Friedline
hawcer
RichBirdHunter
Mohunter
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Spring Predator Control - Page 2 Empty Re: Spring Predator Control

Post by kcatto Wed May 11, 2011 11:43 am

feral hogs are bad here in Oklahoma..... Rule is if the hog is loose for five days it is considered feral.... Seaboard pig farms had a bounty on them... bring in hogs you killed and they punch a hole in their ear (keeps people from collecting on same hog twice) and they cut you a check and then you butcher and eat the hog or burn or bury....

not a bad deal for a hog hunter... get the meat and the money....

the big things in the water here is the dang zebra mussels

Last edited by kcatto on Wed May 11, 2011 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
kcatto
kcatto

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Wed May 11, 2011 11:54 am

we have zebra mussels feral hogs but not as bad as Ok. There have been good transplants though The ring neck pheasant is an Asian bird but they sure are great eating and hunting.
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by scorge30 Wed May 11, 2011 11:59 am

I have hunted feral hog a few times in Oklahoma - I have family in Bartlesville, and I have a friend in OKC who is retiring in September.

We hope to do some hog hunting while we are together for his retirement. We were buck sgt's together and he is retiring as an E7 (SFC) after 20 years.

Damn zebra mussles are a real problem - we are trying to keep them out but some of our larger lakes have got 'em. Great Lakes are full of 'em too.

Most sportsmen (and ladies) are conscienctious about cleaning their water craft. Its the damn water skiers and pleasure boaters that seem to be ignorant of cleaning their boats.

We have nutria here too, that somehow got loose in our tidal flats. I think someone brought them in to trim the weeds around their property. No bounty on them yet like down in Mississippi, but I have seen a few while fishing for surf perch.

Sure shot a lot of those nutria while I was living in Mississippi. The Argentinans eat nutria during Lent, but I have never quite summoned the courage to eat one.
scorge30
scorge30

Back to top Go down

Post by RichBirdHunter Wed May 11, 2011 12:36 pm

hawcer wrote:Just like them damn Snake headed fish that have appeared in our fresh waters....that some how got dropped here from a pond in Asia.

The law is....if you see one, KILL IT! Imo, same should go for any other species that don't belong.

But sometimes I have to work in Compton, I don't want get shot or killed. Now that was a bad joke please don't call the p/c police
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by scorge30 Wed May 11, 2011 12:53 pm

Compton is a rough town - my wife's family is from East LA, so through her I am aware of some of the problems down there.

I agree with Hawcer, critters that don't belong should get shot. Unfortunately some would push that to include illegal aliens (don't call the p/c police on me either please), and other "undocumented guests."

We could go way in the bush here, and get way off topic, so I will try to bring it back on line.

I heading for the eastern side this weekend and I hope to shoot some pests while over there. I also intend to reduce the yellow perch infestation a tad.

One nice thing about perch is they are tasty and easy to catch so my kids like fishing for them. Just be me and the girls, giving Momma the weekend off while the girls and I go play in the desert with my old truck.

Perch and pike minnow are the swimming coyotes of the lakes and rivers around here. Very adaptable and eat just about anything.
scorge30
scorge30

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Wed May 11, 2011 1:40 pm

hawcer wrote:Just like them damn Snake headed fish that have appeared in our fresh waters....that some how got dropped here from a pond in Asia.

The law is....if you see one, KILL IT! Imo, same should go for any other species that don't belong.

I was watching hooked the other night and they were going after the snake head fish. I was looking at one and thought to myself that the design on the side of that fish would look good on Mo's bow...... If you catch them maybe Mo can use them too....
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussie Wed May 11, 2011 5:34 pm

Thats awesome MO.....I wish I could kill me one of those.....Maybe one day....
Aussie
Aussie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2