Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Machine Shop Tooling!

+2
Daywalker
Pathfinder
6 posters

Go down

New Machine Shop Tooling! Empty New Machine Shop Tooling!

Post by Pathfinder Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:10 pm

Hey guys,
Just got some new tooling for the lathe and the mill. First is a 4" Rotary Table. I attached a 3" four jaw lathe chuck to hold round stock and tubing. It can be held on the milling table vertically or horizontally.
New Machine Shop Tooling! 2hd4685
New Machine Shop Tooling! 33y1108

Next is Boring Head for the mill. This came with a nice set of bars. This will be really nice to make some custom bullet moulds. Twisted Evil
New Machine Shop Tooling! 289ed8n
New Machine Shop Tooling! F0xbvm

Finally I got the quick change tool post for the lathe. So much easier to adjust to the center of the work without shimming. Razz
New Machine Shop Tooling! 28i83tg
New Machine Shop Tooling! Iyhoqr
New Machine Shop Tooling! 2cprozo
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Back to top Go down

New Machine Shop Tooling! Empty Re: New Machine Shop Tooling!

Post by Daywalker Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:31 pm

Very nice tooling you have there. Should make some great swaging and reloading dies as well as boolits casting moulds and whatever else you want. Just don't let RemMan700 make suggestions. I am still trying to get the images out of my head!!! UUUGGGGG.....

Tomorrow I am ordering that same Quick change tool post along with some bits and boring bars cuttoff blades and I think that is about it. Should be enough to get me started. Will finally be able to convert the lee .224 size die to start de rimming my 22lr cases!!!
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RemMan700 Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:06 am

Nice accessories! I wish I had equipment like that. Daywalker those were some good ideas I gave you for products. They would sell like hotcakes. bom
RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by DanRickard Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:32 am

oh yea.. that is some cool toys.. man, i wish i had a lathe..

pathfinder is working on a die design for me to form 308 fmj's.. with any luck and if it works we'll post it and the designs here for everyone.
DanRickard
DanRickard

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:56 pm

I wish I had some tooling like that, then the only thing holding me back would be my own imagination....my wife would hate it too, cause nothing would get done around the house either.

I can't wait to see what projects you kick out with it.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Pathfinder Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:20 pm

DanRickard wrote:oh yea.. that is some cool toys.. man, i wish i had a lathe..

pathfinder is working on a die design for me to form 308 fmj's.. with any luck and if it works we'll post it and the designs here for everyone.

Right. As long as I can remember to drill thee hole in the right end of the die. hahahaha Mad
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pathfinder Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:30 pm

hawcer wrote:I wish I had some tooling like that, then the only thing holding me back would be my own imagination....my wife would hate it too, cause nothing would get done around the house either.

I can't wait to see what projects you kick out with it.

Yeah, my wife hates it but then I tell her that there is some other things I could be doing with my time that she may dislike even more. That always tends to generate a reaction. Hahahahahha. I will definitely be posting some pics and videos of the projects Ill be working on. Just the other day we were in the shop starting a new project and Daywalker was like man you should be video recording this. By that time it was too late to go get the camera and set up and stuff.
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:36 pm

Just placed my order for the quick change tool post, the boreing bars, 2 cutter blades and a set of #1-60 jobber bits...

Woot Woot....
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DanRickard Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:01 pm

Pathfinder wrote:

Right. As long as I can remember to drill thee hole in the right end of the die. hahahaha Mad

yea.. drilling through the correct side would be nice.. . but i wonder how much more you have done so far?!
DanRickard
DanRickard

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:25 pm

DanRickard wrote:
Pathfinder wrote:

yea.. drilling through the correct side would be nice.. . but i wonder how much more you have done so far?!

Yea good question. I have been gone almost all day. Just got home, anymore work on the die? Or did the wife finally got tired of missing you and tied you up in the basement till she was ready to be rid of you again? LOL
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DanRickard Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:30 pm

Daywalker wrote:
DanRickard wrote:
Pathfinder wrote:

Yea good question. I have been gone almost all day. Just got home, anymore work on the die? Or did the wife finally got tired of missing you and tied you up in the basement till she was ready to be rid of you again? LOL

he had a hard day of work yesterday, so pathfinder took a break.. maybe today..
the guy works too hard, so he needs a break every now and agian.

Smile
dan
DanRickard
DanRickard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pathfinder Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:51 pm

DanRickard wrote:
Daywalker wrote:
DanRickard wrote:
Pathfinder wrote:

he had a hard day of work yesterday, so pathfinder took a break.. maybe today..
the guy works too hard, so he needs a break every now and agian.

Smile
dan

Thanks Dan. Too true. Wish I could just work out of the shop full time.
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Back to top Go down

Post by CMAsailor Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:18 pm

some day i hope to have a similar set up... ok it's more of a dream... till then I'll just have to be content with a drill press and buying lee's moulds and using the forster gun vice for mounting optics Crying or Very sad
CMAsailor
CMAsailor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pathfinder Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:02 pm

CMAsailor wrote:some day i hope to have a similar set up... ok it's more of a dream... till then I'll just have to be content with a drill press and buying lee's moulds and using the forster gun vice for mounting optics Crying or Very sad

Yeah man, Its great having tools to play with. Just start buying things one piece at a time and pretty soon you be making parts too. Daywalker is starting to build his machine shop too. If you ever have any questions or want any tips on machining just let me know Id be glad to help.
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:39 pm

Well Pathfinder, got my stuff in today. Got the tool post installed and ready to rock... I think this is going to be a great addition to my lathe. Thanks for the info...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pathfinder Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:27 pm

Daywalker wrote:Well Pathfinder, got my stuff in today. Got the tool post installed and ready to rock... I think this is going to be a great addition to my lathe. Thanks for the info...

You got it brother. enjoy!!!!!!!!!
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down