Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spottin scope

3 posters

Go down

Spottin scope Empty Spottin scope

Post by RichBirdHunter Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:34 pm

Im looking to buy a spotting scope, my old eyes are getting old. I have a $500 dollar budget. I'm looking for a complete unit, with eye piece & case. I used a Nikon once and it was nice, the guy said it was $350 shipped.

What do ya think?
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Spottin scope Empty Re: Spottin scope

Post by XbonesX Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:32 pm

I know there are nicer ones out there but I've been looking at this one for the past month.

Redfield Rampage
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I did a head to head comparison at Cabelas before Memorial Day and was disapointed with the Nikon and Burris. Most of their other scopes where $500-750 which was more than I wanted to spend.

Last edited by XbonesX on Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:34 pm

If you have a chance to go look through a bunch...I suggest you do it. I've used some that make me think I'm looking through a pin hole into the womens restroom. cyclops

you want one that is clear all the way to the edges and allows you a little eye movement without loosing the view.

You'll also want smooth controls...focus,zoom as well as the tripod controls...any jerky movements will drive you friggin nuts trying to locate your target.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down