Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stuck Case Renoval

4 posters

Go down

Stuck Case Renoval Empty Stuck Case Renoval

Post by george457d Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:57 pm

Knock on wood ... This has never happened to me (yet) cheers and I haven't seen a topic on this Question

I know how to prevent this from happening lube , lube and more lube ...

But ,after you have that "Homer Simson" moment and say "D'oh" ...

how would you remove it ? fire and ice ? hammer and punch ? lathe ? sell the gun and give up ?
chicken
george457d
george457d

Back to top Go down

Stuck Case Renoval Empty Re: Stuck Case Renoval

Post by Reload3006 Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:12 pm

depending on the die RCBS HORNADY LEE I have only stuck one case in 35 years of reloading. I handled it by removing the decapping stem and the expander ball (sometimes you can get the expander ball to unscrew from the decapping stem. then stick a metal rod down the hole and drive it out with a hammer. Or you can pull the decapping stem up as far as you can get it and drill and tap the primer flash hole out and use a slide hammer and pull it that way.

That one stuck case came from Hornady one shot spray on case lube. I dont use it anymroe.
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by XbonesX Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:55 pm

Daywalker and I started to make some videos on this topic a couple years ago and never completed em. I was demonstrating the Forster and he was using the RCBS and they are 2 completely different methods.

The Forster is similar to what Reload is talking about, where you drive a rod down. I see Forster now has a video up on the process.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J73to_462xI

One drawback that I have had before is the expander ball did unscrew in the case while I was trying to get it out, and ended up smashing it driving the case out. To prevent this, rotate the spindle and expander ball assembly clockwise so it doesn't come unscrewed.
XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by kcatto Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:04 am

i just take my pistol and shoot it out.... Just kidding.... only happened a few times to me but basically 30-06 has the best procedure...
kcatto
kcatto

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down