Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Super Performance Powder Available to Reloaders Now!

3 posters

Go down

The New Super Performance Powder Available to Reloaders Now! Empty The New Super Performance Powder Available to Reloaders Now!

Post by Mohunter Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:53 am

If you have ever wanted to try the new Super Performance cartridges from Hornady, but didn't want to foot the bill of the hefty price tag, or like me....you just enjoy making your own.

Well Here's Your Chance!

Hodgdon has made available to reloaders 2 new powders that are the same exact powder that Hornady uses in it's Super Performance Cartridges and Lever Revolution ammo.
Here's load data that I found on each one, and I don't know if the new powders have hit the shelves yet, but they are coming soon. They have even included a phone number to Hodgdon directly so you can ask questions......is that cool or what? That's why I shoot Hodgdon powders almost exclusively, they cater to the reloader! I just might pick up a jug of that Super Performance and give it a go?

Link>>-----> http://hodgdon.com/PDF/SuperLever.pdf

**UPDATE**
The ad says, "Available mid January 2011"

SUPERPERFORMANCE® (available mid January - 2011) This is another of the spherical powders Hodgdon® Powder Company and Hornady® Manufacturing introduced to answer the frequently asked reloading question: "Can I buy the powder used in the Hornady Superformance factory ammunition?" Superformance delivers striking velocities in cartridges like the 22-250 Remington, 243 Windchester and 300 Winchester Short Magnum. Velocities well in excess of 100 fps over the best published handloads and even larger gains over factory ammunition! Because this propellant is tailored for specific applications, the number of cartridges and bullets is limited, but where it works, it really works!
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

The New Super Performance Powder Available to Reloaders Now! Empty Re: The New Super Performance Powder Available to Reloaders Now!

Post by Daywalker Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:32 am

Sweet, the new Hornady Manual has the new powder listed. The book is available December 15th!!!

Thanks Mo
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The New Super Performance Powder Available to Reloaders Now! Empty Re: The New Super Performance Powder Available to Reloaders Now!

Post by hawcer Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:45 am

Well shucks...I don't reload for any of those calibers. It is still good to know that they are willing to share the secret recipe.

+1 on Hodgdon and Hornady. I use both of them....Hodgdon almost exclusively.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:59 pm

Me too, only powders that I use that aren't Hodgdon brand are for my pistol and I use Blue Dot and Power Pistol which are Alliant brand.
I also just got some RL15 that I tried for one 22-250 load that wasn't as accurate as Varget and I have yet to try it for anything else.
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down