Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gunsmithing parts and supplies

+4
tripples
Reload3006
Daywalker
dartfreak75
8 posters

Go down

gunsmithing parts and supplies Empty gunsmithing parts and supplies

Post by dartfreak75 Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:09 pm

hey guys any of you know a good compony that sells gunsmithing tools parts etc also i know alot of you have built your own ar-15s where do (did) you get your parts i keep reading and hearing about all these cheap do it yourself ar-15s like 89$ lowers and 200$ uppers ans so on i read some guys post on another forum that he built a entire ar-15 an old style for 376$ where do yall find these parts and parts kits at if googled everything and i cant find nothing the cheapest parts kit i found was like 1100$ theres a guy i work with he says he build them and sells them he can build a dpms for 675$ then he sales them for retail and makes 300-400$ a gun also same goes for 1911 whats the best place to get parts iv found a few 1911 stores online but i was wondering what you alls go to stores where thanks alot!!
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

gunsmithing parts and supplies Empty Re: gunsmithing parts and supplies

Post by Daywalker Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:33 pm

Brownells sells good stuff for gunsmithing. They are not the lowest priced by far, but it will give you a place to look. Once you get an FFL, you get discounts. I get discounts with them through my C&R, however be careful, some of my discounts through Brownells is everyone elses everyday prices lol...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:03 pm

yea brownells is who iv been looking at some price are not to bad but some are just sky high what kind of discounts do they get!
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:14 pm

+1 Brownells , Midwayusa, Numerich
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by tripples Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:57 am

Here is a link that I just recieved from XbonesX for AR15 kits (just add your lower) http://www.mapartsinc.com/ "click on AR15 Parts Kits" on the left. I also know you can find lowers in the $79-$89 range but you usualy have to buy 3 or 5 to get that price. I have seen ParaUSA lowers for $99.00 when you buy 2 or more. $119.00 for just 1.
In the Jan 17, 2011 issue of Shotgun News there is an advertisment for LRB lowers for $56.95ech (30 pc. minimum) and LCW lowers for $85.00Also there is an article in the same issue "Building an ultra-affordable AR)
Tripples

tripples

Back to top Go down

Post by kcatto Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:43 am

dartfreak75 wrote:hey guys any of you know a good compony that sells gunsmithing tools parts etc also i know alot of you have built your own ar-15s where do (did) you get your parts i keep reading and hearing about all these cheap do it yourself ar-15s like 89$ lowers and 200$ uppers ans so on i read some guys post on another forum that he built a entire ar-15 an old style for 376$ where do yall find these parts and parts kits at if googled everything and i cant find nothing the cheapest parts kit i found was like 1100$ theres a guy i work with he says he build them and sells them he can build a dpms for 675$ then he sales them for retail and makes 300-400$ a gun also same goes for 1911 whats the best place to get parts iv found a few 1911 stores online but i was wondering what you alls go to stores where thanks alot!!

will the guy at work not tell you where he gets his parts kits etc??? I would be curious to know as well, I am not real familiar with assault style rifles, I have always stuck with carbines or high powered distance shooting rifles.... but I am seriously thinking about learning more about the plastic style rifles...

spend the money and get an excellent vise with soft jaws, screwdriver kit, punch, and drift set..... most everything else can be made by you as you need them.... or buy them as you gets guns to service.... it does not take long to fill up your shop with the tools you will need....

call numerich or egunparts.com and pay $35.00 and get a complete set of their books, let them know you are a gunsmith and open an account with them... you get better prices and there is a lot more parts available in the books than online.... also call hooser gun works and do the same, bob gun parts out of royal arkansas,

best thing to do is figure out what specialty you want to do in gunsmithing like bluing, finishing, checkering, engraving, accurizing and become amazing at it.... the better you get, your reputation will get out, and money will come....

Last edited by kcatto on Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
kcatto
kcatto

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:00 am

yea he said he got them from dpms he said you can order the builders kit from them for 650 the cheapest one i found was 9 something
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:44 am

I build my ar 15 for 730.00. I paid 125 for my lower and 614 for my upper kit shipped. www.ar15ales.com I got he Stag 2H upper which came with the stock kit, lower parts kit and the complete upper with bolt and carrier. All you needed was the stripped Lower...

www.aimsurplus.com has lowers for around 79 bucks if you can catch them in stock. Then add shipping and the transfer fee that your gunshop is going to charge you which will be around 20-25.00 plus the background check fee if he charges that. So that Lower could end up costing you between 119-120......

Now there is a new Pawn Shop here in Dublin Dart, your next trip down go see Sherry. She usually stocks stripped lowers for around 125 or so.... She has right now a Lower for a Pistol Build that I have been biting on the bit wanting to try....
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:41 am

I believe the proper term is "Black Rifles" not assault rifles. Don't be brainwashed by the media scum.
"Assault" is a term used to describe an action not a firearm.

Not trying to be an a-hole or anything, just wanted to clarify that.
I don't even own a black rifle, but I see on the news everyday how the media tries it's best to make everything sound more dramatic by inventing more scary names for things that they would like to see removed from our society. The masses that don't understand or know better believe everything they see or hear on TV these days, which doesn't help gun owners very much.
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:43 am

The main goto sites have been listed above...but there are countless other AR parts companies and vendors. I also do plenty of searches on auction sites or forums for the parts I am looking for.

These two sites also offer some good deals on various parts.

www.centerfiresystems.com

www.sarcoinc.com

hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by tripples Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:49 am

Mohunter wrote:I believe the proper term is "Black Rifles" not assault rifles. Don't be brainwashed by the media scum.
"Assault" is a term used to describe an action not a firearm.
I could not have said this any better myself Mohunter.
Tripples

tripples

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:54 am

thanks guys
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by algunjunkie Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:33 am

The last AR that I built cost $725 in parts and labor. Most parts were MagPul or Spikes Tactical.

gunsmithing parts and supplies SANY0845

Shop around, buy on sale. Just don't skimp on the critical areas.

algunjunkie

http://algunjunkie.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down