Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great news! I moved out of the dungeon

+8
dartfreak75
RemMan700
Nicnac
RichBirdHunter
eagle60
Daywalker
Reload3006
hawcer
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Great news! I moved out of the dungeon Empty Great news! I moved out of the dungeon

Post by hawcer Sun May 01, 2011 10:03 pm

I spent some time this weekend relocating my reloading station from the dark and cramped basement out to the small building beside our house.

Take a look!

Great news! I moved out of the dungeon Dsc04610
Great news! I moved out of the dungeon Dsc04611

I was given permission to recycle out old table into a reloading bench and I also found a good use for our old VHS tape cabinet....
Great news! I moved out of the dungeon Dsc04612

I still have some stuff to do, but it is much better than what I had before.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Great news! I moved out of the dungeon Empty Re: Great news! I moved out of the dungeon

Post by Reload3006 Sun May 01, 2011 10:05 pm

WOooooW I totally dig your man cave. Congrats.
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Great news! I moved out of the dungeon Empty Re: Great news! I moved out of the dungeon

Post by Daywalker Sun May 01, 2011 10:22 pm

Awesome Hawcer, Congrats!!!! That is a grea use for the VHS tape cabinet.....

Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle60 Sun May 01, 2011 10:26 pm

Congrats hawcer! Very nice indeed, I know you will enjoy it. One day I hope to move my reloading setup of of the storage shed/machine shop/wood shop/mechanic shop Smile
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by RichBirdHunter Sun May 01, 2011 10:31 pm

Saweetttt!!!!!!! How old is that can of reloader 19 ?
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Sun May 01, 2011 10:56 pm

Thanks guys...I'm sure it will be a pleasure to work in there,compared to the dungeon.

RichBirdHunter wrote:Saweetttt!!!!!!! How old is that can of reloader 19 ?

I don't know... a friend picked it up at a swap meet for pennies. It has never been opened, so I hope it is usable.

The building was an old scale house that was moved to the property at one time and converted into a small living area. The back half has all my music gear stored in it and the front section that I am using now started to become a storage area too for all kinds of junk. So my wife agreed that if I clean it up , I could use it for my reloading area. The little counter,bar will also work great for leaning or doing work on my guns.
I also plan on doing more vids in there, since I have good lighting now(more than one bulb) Smile

View from the outside
Great news! I moved out of the dungeon Shooti10
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicnac Sun May 01, 2011 11:00 pm

Nice Digs Hawcer Cool . Hope thats a secure location, meaning not easy to break in to and easy to watch over being as it not attached to your house.
Nicnac
Nicnac

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Sun May 01, 2011 11:12 pm

It's pretty secure...but anything is still possible, I guess. I have motion activated flood lights , a double dead bolted door and a dog that can hear you a mile away....It helps that I also live in a decent neighborhood.

All my bang bangs are still locked in the house for safe keepings Wink

I've had thousands of dollars worth of band gear stored in there for years and it's been ok...but it's not worth stealing as much as gun stuff is.

hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicnac Sun May 01, 2011 11:15 pm

Awesome, Good to hear.

BAND stuff.... you in a band..???? Leats hear um.....
Nicnac
Nicnac

Back to top Go down

Post by RichBirdHunter Sun May 01, 2011 11:26 pm

Nicnac wrote:Awesome, Good to hear.

He's in a kick butt polka band
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle60 Sun May 01, 2011 11:31 pm

RichBirdHunter wrote:
Nicnac wrote:Awesome, Good to hear.

He's in a kick butt polka band

LOL Rich!
Which instrument(s) do you play dude? Gospel, BlueGrass, Rock, or Country? Nice looking place by the way.
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Sun May 01, 2011 11:57 pm

I can play about anything that makes noise....but I played guitar when I was gigging with a band. Your basic rock music, I guess.... I tired of the liberalizm in the music industry and got the hell out. I sold off most of my guitar collection (over 20) to fund my other interests...

I still pick at it now and then....but hand injuries from wrenching are starting to catch up with me.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by RemMan700 Mon May 02, 2011 12:06 am

I dig the how you have the Red Ryder hangin on the wall.
RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Mon May 02, 2011 12:24 am

That's nice hopefully soon I can get my building built its gonna be a garage/ reloading room
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by XbonesX Mon May 02, 2011 12:45 am

looks good congrats.
XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle60 Mon May 02, 2011 5:55 am

hawcer wrote:I can play about anything that makes noise....but I played guitar when I was gigging with a band. Your basic rock music, I guess.... I tired of the liberalizm in the music industry and got the hell out. I sold off most of my guitar collection (over 20) to fund my other interests...

I still pick at it now and then....but hand injuries from wrenching are starting to catch up with me.

Way cool hawcer. I was in a band way back when also. Played the guitar some but bass mostly. We would play about anything including country, 60 to 70 era rock and have been known to play some blues and blue grass, lol. My wrists give me fits due to 10 years is the auto repair industry which prompted me to switch from fixing autos to computers. Plus, computers don't have fenders which makes them easeir on the back Smile
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Mon May 02, 2011 9:07 am

RemMan700 wrote:I dig the how you have the Red Ryder hangin on the wall.

LOL, The wall looked really bare and the wife said "don't you have something you can put there" My sons old RR just happened to be leaning in the corner....so it was put on display. Smile
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Mon May 02, 2011 9:25 am

What is really cool about it is, now I have enough space that my 16 year old son wanted to help. I showed him how to trim cases, debur and prime them. Then I dropped the powder charges and he seated the bullets....we were like a machine,LOL.
I hope it wasn't just a one time deal...
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by kcatto Mon May 02, 2011 4:21 pm

Very nice little shop indeed.... but save the back room for more stuff it as it seems to multiply when you shut the lights off and go inside..... I really like it it looks good.... but i did not see the small fridge, TV, stereo, and microwave.....

I built a building in 2008 it is 18'x10.5'x16' and it is getting a little small now....
I even have a full length loft for storage in mine....
kcatto
kcatto

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter Mon May 02, 2011 10:28 pm

Wow man, that's way cool. It looks like an old west sherriffs office with those woodend chairs and matching table, desk and the old glass bottles on the shelf. The daisy red ryder BB gun really adds to the old west look about it. I love it!

Hell I could live in there and be as comfy as a bug! All I'd need is a bunk and a crapper, small frig and a microwave, then I'd be set.
I've been threatening to move all my stuff down to the shed behind the garage, but I'd have to do some finish work inside first and there's no electricity or heat source in there either. Boy it sure would be nice to get a nice room for all my stuff where I had more space to spread out.
I'm very envious! Wink
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by kcatto Mon May 02, 2011 10:47 pm

yup my next shop is getting a crapper.... using the bucket sucks.... hehehe
kcatto
kcatto

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Tue May 03, 2011 8:40 am

If you like the decor...you can thank the wife, she wanted it to look like a old time shop and actually would like us to run a bait shop or something out of there some day.
Those old cider jugs were used to transport moonshine up from Kentucky....not for me though...I can't stand the smell of booze. Mo , good thing I didn't take a picture of the other end of the room....we have an old cast iron, wood burning, cooking stove Smile....for decor only.

The family we bought the home from had a teen age daughter that lived out there for awhile. It has electric and is well insulated. but has no heat, a/c or running water...but the half bath is just inside the back door of the house 3 steps away. I will add some heat registers and a window air conditioner unit to keep the temperature at a more constant temp.

Trust me...my 16 year old son's wheels are turning....He is wanting to move out there and make it his room. He already knows where his tv, mini-fridge, stereo, bed,etc would go.

I told him he can move out there when he can afford rent,lol...heck he already has the biggest room in the house.so he is going to have to wait ,lol.

Last edited by hawcer on Tue May 03, 2011 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Tue May 03, 2011 8:56 am

If I had no kids, no wife and no worries.....I could live in a place like this no problem. Drop it on about 20 acres of partially wooded land with a water source and I could manage.

I spent 4 hours out there last night sorting a box of mixed brass....I think brass does multiply. It was only a 12"x12" flat rate box of brass and the wife even helped. it seemed like it was never going to end.

Last edited by hawcer on Tue May 03, 2011 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter Tue May 03, 2011 9:11 am

I lived in a 1 bedroom apartment when I worked in the city that wasn't much bigger than your reloading room. Why is the wood stove just ornamental? I bet you could run a flue pipe out the window and fire that baby up. Oh I forgot about the wife, she probably wouldn't hear of it.

I've got a piece of 1/2" thick pipe up by the barn that probably measures 18" acrossed that I had always intended to make a small wood stove/cook stove out of but yet it's still laying out there. Someday I'm gonna make a little stove out of it and maybe move into my own shed /slash/ reloading room, but I'd need some windows installed also. A little 110v AC unit would chill that small space down to the point you could hang beef in there..........or a deer.

Your gonna be so happy out there you may not wanna go back in the house? I know I wouldn't.
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Tue May 03, 2011 9:27 am

When we moved in...the side yard between the house and the garage was a over grown weed farm. when we cleared all the brush,small trees, etc...we found that old stove. I knocked off the loose scale rust on it and gave it a paint job. To make it a working stove, I'll have to go through and replace the bolts that hold the legs on and the top section to the bottom section as they are kinda weak. it does have all the burner plates, but I do recall something else needed fixed too....a crack welded or something. If I needed to use it, I would get it into working order...maybe someday.

I also found an old antique boot scraper that bolts to the floor...that could come in handy too.... I should fix it up as well.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next