Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are You Familiar With Mr BulletFeeder's Great Bullet Drop, and Expander Dies?

3 posters

Go down

Are You Familiar With Mr BulletFeeder's Great Bullet Drop, and Expander Dies? Empty Are You Familiar With Mr BulletFeeder's Great Bullet Drop, and Expander Dies?

Post by daddyseal Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:08 pm

Although the complete system with bullet collator is very expensive, the revolutionary design of the bullet drop die so simple and unique. I don't have the money to buy the whole system, I am interested in buying 2 of it's components.
I hope Hornady and RCBS take note and market somethings like these 2.
Watch the bullet drop die:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2mG7dVPxlU&feature=player_embedded#!

And their case expander powder through die is So much better than Lee, Hornady, RCBS and Dillon.
It does Not "bell" the case mouth that wears out the mouth with subsequent reloads...But "flutes", or slightly tapers open the case mouth so the dropped bullet fits well and tightly, so it can't tip over when indexing the press to seat the bullet.
Watch This:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNkxZ19wysU&feature=player_embedded

daddyseal

Back to top Go down

Are You Familiar With Mr BulletFeeder's Great Bullet Drop, and Expander Dies? Empty Re: Are You Familiar With Mr BulletFeeder's Great Bullet Drop, and Expander Dies?

Post by bearing01 Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:39 am

I have two MR. Bullet feeders sold by Double Alpha. One in .40 cal that I run moly coated lead bullets through and the other in .223 rifle. The new bullet feeder drop mechanisms are flawless and operate perfectly. I used to use hornady bullet feed dies for pistol, reamed out to let moly lead bullets pass through. I found the .40 cal die worked okay but the .45 die would often crush the brass mouth on the internal collet because the brass wasn't perfectly aligned.

John

bearing01

Back to top Go down

Are You Familiar With Mr BulletFeeder's Great Bullet Drop, and Expander Dies? Empty Re: Are You Familiar With Mr BulletFeeder's Great Bullet Drop, and Expander Dies?

Post by daddyseal Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:13 pm

I think the system is excellent...BUT HUGELY OVERPRICED~!!!!
I have been requesting the expanding die alone (which is all I need with my feed setup), but they STILL After a Year have not answered my question or are apparently unwilling to sell that separately...wanting to make the BIG Bucks on a whole system.

daddyseal

Back to top Go down

Post by bearing01 Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:37 am

Before I bought my Mr. Bullet Feeders I made my own. To make it nearly flawless it took a lot of work and trial & error. After making the feeder the weakest link was the bullet feed die. After I made this feeder the new version of Mr. bullet feeder came available (they stopped selling them for a while to make the new version ready). Even though I know how to make a half decent one now, if I wanted another one I'd buy another Mr. bullet feeder. If you're copying someone elses idea that's proven to work then making one is certainly a lot easier. I didn't know the details of Mr. Bullet feeder nose guide at the time. It's what Rick (mr. bullet feeder) has the patent on. Another pain in the ass is getting the bullets to drop freely through the hole in the floor without ever hanging up. It make it reliable enough to pass 500 or 1000 bullets without one hangup is a challenge. You need a flawless concept and precise machining.

Here's what I did.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7aLaoB5a8zA

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ_jfJ2flcA&feature=relmfu

I no longer use the press wood. I now use HDPE. It's easier to cut precisely and to cut grooves in for bullets to follow. I got it here: http://www.tapplastics.com/

bearing01

Back to top Go down

Post by bearing01 Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:31 pm

Looks like you can buy the Mr. Bullet Feeder dropper alone here for $100

http://www.doublealpha.biz/mr-bulletfeeder-by-double-alpha/mr-bulletfeeder-dropper-assembly-kit

If you want a case mouth expander to bell the brass to accept the bullet, try using a Lyman M-die. It's designed to expand the brass without excessive belling so you don't shave lead bullets as you seat them. This should work.

bearing01

Back to top Go down

Post by daddyseal Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:14 pm

I already have made my own drop feeding tube.
But the mr. bulletfeeder case mouth expanding die is the best part of their system.
That's what they won't sell separately ~!

daddyseal

Back to top Go down

Post by bearing01 Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:22 pm

they don't have a separate die for case mouth expansion. Mr. bullet feeder uses a special powder through funnel/tube inside the die that holds up the Dillion power hopper. You can buy the Mr. bullet feeder funnel/tube on the double alpha website. If you want further brass mouth expansion then Rick (Mr. Bullet Feeder) told me to use the Lyman M-die. I have a Dillon 1050 which has a primer swage station that simultaneously expands the case mouth the same as a Lyman M-die. On my Dillon 650 I do not use a Lyman M-die because the Mr. bullet feeder funnel/tube inside the powder drop die does a sufficient job.

http://www.doublealpha.biz/mr-bulletfeeder-by-double-alpha/powder-funnel

John

bearing01

Back to top Go down

Post by daddyseal Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:01 am

Thanks for the info...That was the part I was wanting.
It looks like they finally listened to prospective customers and are making the components available separately.

What is this, btw?
http://www.doublealpha.biz/mr-bulletfeeder-by-double-alpha/mr-bulletfeeder-die-assembly

daddyseal

Back to top Go down

Post by bearing01 Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:18 pm

That is their bulled feed die. They call it a dropper. It's a lot better than the Hornady bullet feed dies. You can run lead bullets through the dropper. It has ball bearings inside that hold the bullet column up. When the brass pushes the die up it drops only one bullet. I didn't realize they sold these droppers. Works flawlessly.

bearing01

Back to top Go down

Post by george457d Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:42 pm

I wonder if this will work on my L-N-L ammo plant ? Press 
george457d
george457d

Back to top Go down

Post by daddyseal Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:18 pm

Yep...any progressive press~!

daddyseal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down