Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22 rifle scope... need help picking a scope or red dot.

4 posters

Go down

Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22 rifle scope... need help picking a scope or red dot.   Empty Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22 rifle scope... need help picking a scope or red dot.

Post by victor8881 Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:42 pm

pick up this Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 as a training tool.... looking for advance on red dot or scope options. I'm thinking of doing a dual set up with a Braska 4x28 electro rifle scope, then mounting a folding red dot sight on the railing on the top of the scope for close combat fire? Here is the website of the scope Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22 rifle scope... need help picking a scope or red dot.   Cb.

I main concern is close combat, but at the same time since the weapon is for plinker and training toy, I would like to see how well I can dial this rifle down at 100-150 yards. I have an Aim point setup on my other rifle, but this is not an options for me for this weapon rendering the simple fact that the sight will cost me more than the weapon its self! I'm thinking my set up would cost me 79.99 for the scope then a cheap red dot would be another 30-50 dollars. Not looking to spend more than 150 dollars, but if you have cheaper options that will work please by all means provide me with names and brands, and I'll be doing the research on them!

victor8881

Back to top Go down

Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22 rifle scope... need help picking a scope or red dot.   Empty Re: Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22 rifle scope... need help picking a scope or red dot.

Post by XbonesX Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:29 pm

be aware that most red dots, especially the cheaper priced ones, will have a larger red dot, somewhere in the range of 4-9 MOA. that means at 100 yards you'll be covering anywhere from 4-9", which really isnt going to help with accuracy, especially with a 22.

if you catch em on sale you can find a great mid-level EOTech for around $325-350. still not very friendly when the rifle costs $450-500. hehe
XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22 rifle scope... need help picking a scope or red dot.   Empty Re: Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22 rifle scope... need help picking a scope or red dot.

Post by hawcer Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:07 pm

I needed a scope for 22lr AR15 upper and decided on the Leapers Accushot T168 6x42, Mainly because it can be mounted on the carry handle...but it does have a mount for flat tops too. It does have the illuminated bullet drop reticle too. I have used it for over 5 years and have never had any negative issues with it. I paid about $60.00 for mine... I'm not sure if they are still available though.

Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22 rifle scope... need help picking a scope or red dot.   SCP-615

Or are you looking for something more like this?

Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22 rifle scope... need help picking a scope or red dot.   URBWAR-2
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:59 pm

I have the Eotech 512 on my ar. The only thing that I do not like about it, and this is so small, however when trying to do a load development for the ar. The dot at 100 yards won't let me get the group I am looking for. So I am going to walmart and picking me up for like 56 bucks a center point 3-9x40 scope. I have had such great success with their 4-16x40 scopes on my Grendel, and just got a new one for the .270. I will load develope with the scope then switch back out to the eotech. Put the Center Point up for a future rifle..

Oh forgot 2 things, Hawcer, I love the looks of that second setup. Looks mean...

Also, watching some youtube vids from comp shooters, tips and tricks, He was talking about transitioning with his AR. He had a regular small scope on top for his long range and a red dot off set angled to the right. He would shoot regular at the 100 yard target and without stopping to reposition, he cantered his AR to the left just a little, rotated the top of it to the left and used his red dot for all close ups and without hesitatint straightend the rifle for his 100 yard target again. Pretty awsome. Love the idea and the concept of it..
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:17 pm

This set up will do about what you are referring to DW, The dot site can be canted of to the side by rotating it on the scope. This package sells for about $180 at Vahallaarmory.com

Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22 rifle scope... need help picking a scope or red dot.   Ult-ar-15-scope-1a
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:21 pm

Yep, that is a very nice setup indeed. Some interesting options there Victor...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by victor8881 Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:17 am

Daywalker wrote:Yep, that is a very nice setup indeed. Some interesting options there Victor...

That is a sweet ass setup right there... Umm, will do some much needed research in the next couple of days.....

victor8881

Back to top Go down

Post by victor8881 Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:02 pm

hawcer wrote:This set up will do about what you are referring to DW, The dot site can be canted of to the side by rotating it on the scope. This package sells for about $180 at Vahallaarmory.com

Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22 rifle scope... need help picking a scope or red dot.   Ult-ar-15-scope-1a

Have any time on this scope and red dot setup?

victor8881

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down