Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Removal of for-stock on Marlin Lever action

2 posters

Go down

Removal of for-stock on Marlin Lever action  Empty Removal of for-stock on Marlin Lever action

Post by mrmat4570 Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:37 am

I am trying to remove the For-stock on My 45-70 at some point some body has had a half ass attempt at refinishing the stock so i'm thinking it's time to fix it so the finishes on both pieces match. I thought it would be an easy enough thing to do, so I removed the two screws slid the piece ford that covers the end and houses the sling swivel and tried to eze the for-stock down but that was a no go. seems the piece that is dovetailed into the barrel is stopping it from coming down.If only it was as easy as the rear stock LOL.
Any help would be great Maybe someone out there has a diagram or something.
mrmat4570
mrmat4570

Back to top Go down

Removal of for-stock on Marlin Lever action  Empty Re: Removal of for-stock on Marlin Lever action

Post by RemMan700 Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:39 am

I found these two out on the interwebs:

"You have to remove the magazine tube , take the screw that is just back of the forend on the bottom of the receiver out, also remove both screws from the metal retainer/forend tip on the front of the forend, then remove the magazine tube hanger and the magazine tube from the gun, remove the tab that held the screws from the forend retainer/forend tip on the front end, the for end should slide forward and come off."

"remove both screws from each side of the forend cap, and slide the cap off the wood, forward. It should hang loose on the mag tube during dis & re-assembly.

The magazine will have to come off with the wood, due to the tube bulge inside it's rear end, opposite the loading port, that allows for the swing of cartridge noses while loading.

Detach the front end of the mag tube by removing the endcap screw, taking care that the cap isn't sent astray by the mag spring.

Pull the front of the mag tube down, then forward, to remove both it and the forend from the rifle, taking care that the forend wood cap hanger doesn't grab & split/chip the front edge of the wood.

With the assembly off the rifle, the mag tube may be withdrawn from the forend, to the rear.

When re-assembling, take care that the mag tube bulge is opposite the loading gate."
RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Removal of for-stock on Marlin Lever action  Empty Re: Removal of for-stock on Marlin Lever action

Post by mrmat4570 Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:57 am

Thanks Ken will try this tomorrow night, Now any Idea on the finish thinking of clear acrylic or linseed oil and bee's wax. Don't want anything to slick in the wet.
mrmat4570
mrmat4570

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down