Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another turkey

+3
RemMan700
hawcer
Mohunter
7 posters

Go down

Another turkey Empty Another turkey

Post by Mohunter Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:38 pm

Shotgun this time.
Going out this evening to possibly get another one, can't decide on shotgun or bow though?
Probably bow because I'm actually trying to kill a deer and the turkey kills are just a side benefit.
I still get 1 more with a bow and 1 more with a shotgun. Our shotgun turkey fall season runs till the end of October so I've still got lots of time left.

Another turkey TurkeyShotgunOct2nd004
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Another turkey Empty Re: Another turkey

Post by hawcer Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:53 pm

Nice bird...Good shootin Mo! Smile
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by RemMan700 Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:08 pm

You are going to have plenty of turkey for Thanksgiving. Nice bird!
RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by RichBirdHunter Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:17 pm

Great job!
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle60 Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:01 pm

Gobble-Gobble BANG! Smile Congrats on the bird!
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:41 am

Thanks guys. I went out yesterday evening and sat in my "Turkey Honey Hole" and I was so tired from getting up at my usual 3:15am yesterday morning that I dozed off while sitting in my natural ground blind. Sleep

The wind was blowing something terrible and I couldn't hear squat around me except the constant thrashing of leaves and tree limbs with no sign of hearing a deer or turkey coming to me. I guess the rushing wind kind of lulled me to sleep, but something woke me up cause it sounded as if it were right in front of me and it was! Those damn turkeys slipped up within about 10 ft. of me and went to thrashing, scratching, and doing what turkeys normally do. Well when I opened my eyes I swear they must have seen my eyelids move cause they all looked right at me and I hadn't moved a muscle except my eyelids.
Needless to say I got busted and took a long shot with the scatter gun as they were leaving and couldn't manage to put one on the ground.
It was a neat experience, but it's amazing how fast turkeys can vacate the area even when they are right in your lap. No scratch
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by XbonesX Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:04 am

sounds like my story when years ago I fell asleep sitting at the bottom of a tree, all the sudden i hear something and wake up and this hen is beating the piss out of my decoy about 12 feet infront of me. Was neat to watch her for a couple minutes until she wandered off.
XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by sdsviper Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:18 pm

You must have been calling in your sleep. Had a close call with a deer that way it left in a hurry not sure who was more surprised.

Now you have some good feathers for your arrows. shoot

sdsviper
sdsviper

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:53 am

Yep, I traded all the feathers I got off these 2 young hens for large mature RW feathers. It was a good trade and I think I came out on the better end of the deal, I'm happy with it anyway cause all I use is right wing and have no use for the left wing or any of the secondaries at all.

I'm thinking about refletching all my arrows now cause even though my chartruese feathers are easy to see in the leaves when I miss, I think the turkey and deer see them very well also. So there's a trade off, good and bad. I'm pretty sure that a deer busted me a couple weeks ago cause it picked out those bright yellow chartruese feathers. I was in full camo head to to, face mask and even wearing my leafy cover up jacket, the only thing that stuck out was my feathers and that deer stared a hole straight through me like I had a flashing strobe light on my head. I dunno, kinda makes ya wonder what it saw? scratch
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down