Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Check out the new Ruger American rifle.

+2
eagle60
EdgarEg
6 posters

Go down

Check out the new Ruger American rifle. Empty Check out the new Ruger American rifle.

Post by EdgarEg Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:00 pm

Check out the new Ruger American rifle. http://www.ruger.com/products/americanRifle/index.html
Looks to me like it is meant to compete with Savage
Check out the new Ruger American rifle. 6902

Ruger Power Bedding sounds like the Savage AccuStock
Ruger Marksman Adjustable Trigger sounds like Savage AccuTrigger
Check out the new Ruger American rifle. FeaturesShots
And check out the price. $450.
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Check out the new Ruger American rifle. Empty Re: Check out the new Ruger American rifle.

Post by eagle60 Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:19 pm

Made in USA +1. Made by Ruger +1. If I were in the market for a rifle I would give it some serious consideration. It looks like the stock is a little thicker than on their normal offerings, don't know how well it would fit....
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Check out the new Ruger American rifle. Empty Re: Check out the new Ruger American rifle.

Post by dartfreak75 Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:12 am

looks to me like a savage axis with a accu trigger! i like it iv always liked ruger had a p94 great gun!
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by fletch_medic Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:48 pm

If you like that you should also check out Marlin's XS7. I bought mine for $380 out the door. Not saying either one is better than the other, just letting you know there are more quality rifles out there for around the same price so you can make an informed decision.
fletch_medic
fletch_medic

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:43 pm

i got my savage for 276!
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by EdgarEg Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:43 pm

dartfreak75 wrote:i got my savage for 276!
New? What model?
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:21 am

axis 30-06
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:41 am

The axis does not have the accutrigger or accustock. They sell the axis here at walmart for 269.00. It is on my list to purchase one at taxtime. I look at it every night I go into work...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:06 pm

right! i got mine for 260 something after taxes and fees it came out to 276 and change! my buddy has one in a 270 and it will shot 3/4" groups all day weve got as small as 1/2" groups out of handloads its unreal for the money i hope mine is as accurate as his!
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by fletch_medic Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:38 pm

I'm not sure how accurate my Marlin XS7 is, because I have yet to have a scope survive more than a few shots. I guess that is partially my fault. The first scope was a Wal-Mart cheapo. The second one was a Vortex Crossfire. The inside glass fell apart in both. Vortex replaced it and I have yet to get to go sight it in.
fletch_medic
fletch_medic

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:02 am

lol i had that problem on my old 30-06 bought a cheap tasco on ebay and the third shot it went black! i was pissed it was a cheap scope but 80 bucks is still alot of money! and they would not refund me!
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by EdgarEg Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:00 am

fletch_medic wrote:If you like that you should also check out Marlin's XS7. I bought mine for $380 out the door. Not saying either one is better than the other, just letting you know there are more quality rifles out there for around the same price so you can make an informed decision.
fletch_medic wrote:I'm not sure how accurate my Marlin XS7 is, because I have yet to have a scope survive more than a few shots. I guess that is partially my fault. The first scope was a Wal-Mart cheapo. The second one was a Vortex Crossfire. The inside glass fell apart in both. Vortex replaced it and I have yet to get to go sight it in.
Fletch, thanks for pointing out that Marlin XS7. I am interested in something like that. I am interested in .308. What caliber is your XS7? Can you tell more about it? What you like or don't like about it. Were you able to get a scope to stay on long enough to tell about accuracy?

I tried to find more rifles with those features in that price range and Marlin XS7 was the only one I could find. The T/C Venture comes close but it is a little more money. I probably missed some, so anybody know of others?

Right now I am leaning toward the Ruger because I think I would like that short bolt throw. That is the only difference in the features between the two (Ruger American and Marlin XS7) I see so far.
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Post by fletch_medic Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:18 am

My XS7 is .308. I haven't gotten to go back to the range since I'm in the desert right now. I can do a quick pros and cons for you though.

Pros:
Cost
Comes in a few different calibers
Has the pro fire adjustable trigger(sort of like the accutrigger, but a little different)
Includes a slotted scope base for repeated accuracy after removing and installing a scope(we will see)
Bedded stock
Fluted bolt(it's not $800 smooth, but it is still nice)
It is VERY well balanced(the savage edge I was looking at before was very front heavy)

Cons:
Synthetic stock only from the factory (boyds sells wood stocks for them)
Can't open magazine from bottom, so to unload you have to cycle the bolt
Doesn't come with sights, you have to use a scope or buy sights for it

These are my pros and cons, I'm sure that some of my cons may be someone elses pros and vise versa. I don't like synthetic stocks, so that is why I put it as a con. I will be buying a wooden stock through boyd's though.
fletch_medic
fletch_medic

Back to top Go down

Post by RemMan700 Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:20 pm

They make the marlins in wood as well. Check out the new vanguard 2 that just came out. They are moa rated and in the same price range as the ruger.
RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by EdgarEg Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:57 pm

RemMan700 wrote:They make the marlins in wood as well. Check out the new vanguard 2 that just came out. They are moa rated and in the same price range as the ruger.
Thanks. I wanna make sure I got it right. That is the Weatherby Vanguard Series 2, like right here:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=273630799
and here:
http://www.weatherby.com/product/rifles/vanguard_2/series_2_synthetic
Check out the new Ruger American rifle. Van2_synthetic

That does look good.

Why do you suppose Ruger does not do that 3 shot group MOA guarantee? Weatherby does it and T/C does it.
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Post by RemMan700 Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:03 am

Yep the series 2. I handled one at Cabela's and it seemed really nice.
RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by fletch_medic Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:03 pm

RemMan700 wrote:They make the marlins in wood as well. Check out the new vanguard 2 that just came out. They are moa rated and in the same price range as the ruger.
The XL7s come in wood, but the last I checked the XS7s still only come in synthetic. Maybe enough people complained and they started putting them out with wood now too. Question
fletch_medic
fletch_medic

Back to top Go down

Post by EdgarEg Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:32 pm

I looked at www.gunbroker.com and it looks like only the .30-06 is available for the Ruger American. www.galleryofguns.com had none available. I wanted .308. Oh well.
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Post by EdgarEg Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:30 am

Ruger has convinced me that I need a Ruger American rifle. I want an adjustable trigger, detachable mag, and good accuracy for $450 or less. Only the Ruger American rifle has that.

Here is what is wrong with the others I looked at:

1. T/C Venture - MSRP of $500 is $50 more than American Rifle MSRP of $450.
2. Weatherby Vanguard Series 2 - MSRP of $600 is $150 more than the American Rifile
3. Marlin XS7 - no detachable magazine.
4. Savage Axis - no adjustable trigger, no accu-stock.
5. Mossberg ATR - no detachable mag, no adjustable trigger, no accu-stock.

Are there other rifles I should look at?
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Post by RemMan700 Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:57 am

RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by EdgarEg Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:53 pm

Is there anything that the Ruger M77 rifle has that the American Rifle does not? I am thinking that Ruger might as well quit making the M77.

EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Post by EdgarEg Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:30 pm

I predict the Ruger American Rifle will replace the Remington 700 as the most popular rifle in the world.
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down