Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Factory Ammunition

+7
RichBirdHunter
Mohunter
victor8881
hawcer
CMAsailor
XbonesX
Daywalker
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Factory Ammunition Empty Factory Ammunition

Post by Daywalker Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:16 pm

Has anyone delt with ammunition made by Tula? Was at wal-mart tonight, they had an assortment of ammo in stock. American Eagle which was the 38 spl and then they had tulammo. The price tag had Tula. They had boxes of 55 grain .223 ammo for 4.45 a box of 20. Before I go back and pick up quite a few boxes, wanted to learn about them as I have never heard of em before. 4.45 price tag, that is right up my alley....
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Factory Ammunition Empty Re: Factory Ammunition

Post by XbonesX Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:36 pm

Never shot it, Russian made, I think they make the primers for Wolf or vice versa?
XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CMAsailor Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:39 pm

Seen lots of people around here with it, it goes bang.

The Tulammo in 7.92x54R is dead nuts hit the 300yrd 10in gong everytime. EVERYTIME with open sights on sandbags... cant seem to do that with wwb ...
then again wwb uses a 180grainer that kicks like a mule so that could be the reason... not that 3moa is great but it is for me on THAT shot out beat to shit rifle... i love my stupid mosin, can ya tell?
CMAsailor
CMAsailor

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:54 pm

Hey DW....it's right along the same lines as Wolf(and might actually be wolf), Brown bear, gold tiger,etc...I'm pretty sure it's all steel cased. Prolly not a good idea for match or long range shooting, but for flat out fun plinking it's all good. I have noticed ALOT of guys using it and other steel cased ammo at the 3-gun events where most of the shooting takes place within 50 yards and they blast through a couple hundred rounds.

If I had a ar15 carbine, I would really be tempted to stock up on ammo like that. I do for my AK.....did they have any in 7.62x39?

I found this pic on the net...is it just me or is there a whole lot of bullet shaving going on?
They are supposedly boxer primed?

Factory Ammunition 1104001757
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:06 pm

Does look like alot of shavings going on there. I may get a box and try them out. Then stock up and put them away for a rainy day.

The cases from these may make a good bullet jacket, just not really sure if I want to try to swage steel cases...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CMAsailor Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:11 pm

Daywalker wrote:Does look like alot of shavings going on there. I may get a box and try them out. Then stock up and put them away for a rainy day.

The cases from these may make a good bullet jacket, just not really sure if I want to try to swage steel cases...

I wouldn't swage those buddy... sounds like damage waiting to happen Suspect ...
nothing wrong with a hoard of cheap ammo for when the SHTF or plain ol plinking rounds though pirat
CMAsailor
CMAsailor

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:22 pm

Yea would be awsome to go shooting and not worrying if you can find all your brass. I am so anal about my brass, I will count how many rounds I put in the mag. When the mag runs empty, I start picking up my brass counting them to make sure the same amount that came out, I am picking up. If I do not find them all, even if I am just missing one, I will continue looking until I find that one LOL...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:26 pm

Daywalker wrote:Yea would be awsome to go shooting and not worrying if you can find all your brass. I am so anal about my brass, I will count how many rounds I put in the mag. When the mag runs empty, I start picking up my brass counting them to make sure the same amount that came out, I am picking up. If I do not find them all, even if I am just missing one, I will continue looking until I find that one LOL...

LOL...I'm the same way. I have everyone looking for one or two pieces of brass for a longer period of time than it took to fire them. I hate going home with a partial box of fired brass...plus it screws up my batches.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CMAsailor Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:27 pm

Daywalker wrote:Yea would be awsome to go shooting and not worrying if you can find all your brass. I am so anal about my brass, I will count how many rounds I put in the mag. When the mag runs empty, I start picking up my brass counting them to make sure the same amount that came out, I am picking up. If I do not find them all, even if I am just missing one, I will continue looking until I find that one LOL...

Hello, My name is CMAsailor and I have a problem too. I'm a reloadaholic. If you touch my brass... I WILL freak out, you may need an ambulance. maybe obama will give me money for being addicted ... okok, not going there... LOL
CMAsailor
CMAsailor

Back to top Go down

Post by victor8881 Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:18 am

Daywalker wrote:Has anyone delt with ammunition made by Tula? Was at wal-mart tonight, they had an assortment of ammo in stock. American Eagle which was the 38 spl and then they had tulammo. The price tag had Tula. They had boxes of 55 grain .223 ammo for 4.45 a box of 20. Before I go back and pick up quite a few boxes, wanted to learn about them as I have never heard of em before. 4.45 price tag, that is right up my alley....

I believe wolf is made in the same factory as this brand... Don't quote me but this is what I've been told. I've used the .223 rounds... like 60 rounds of it, and it was just as good as the federal bulk packs walmart sells. I had no issues what so ever.... not sure but I bought mine a month back and it was 3.95 a box!

victor8881

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:30 am

wow 3.95 a box, I would have gotten crates of that stuff!!! If I had money to get the crates of it...

Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:30 am

I'm the exact same way with my 10mm. If I can't find all the brass it just ticks me off to no end! Mad
I've even went to great lengths by laying an old queen sized bed sheet on the ground to catch the empties and it catches some, but not all. The Glock pistols are notorious brass flingers.

I would grab up some of that cheap ammo and store it up for an unforeseen event, great emergency ammo and you never know when you might need it?
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:53 am

You know this reminds me of my range trip on Sunday. Shooting my Grendel for load development.

I shot 5 rounds. Only could recover 4 pieces of brass. Well, Grendel brass is sacred. IF you have it, you have gold. We are talking almost 2.00 per piece of brass. jd30cal was looking for the last piece of brass. I was looking for the last piece of brass, the wife was like just chill, you have a little more than 100 still at the house. The guy next bench over and his buddy asked if everything was ok. I had explained to him about the missing brass...

Next thing I know, they stopped shooting and started to help me look for it. We finally did find it. Amazing how brass will just blend in with the dirt, grass and some othe debries just laying around. That one piece wasn't far from my bench..

I was explainging to jd30cal, some of the greatest guys you'll ever meet are at the range. We had about 4 guys come over just to talk about the Grendel and had a show and tell session even with my swaged bullets. I still love the question I get when they are holding it, so, how much powder is in this little round? LOL
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:11 am

Always lend a hand at the range....you never know when you might need the favor returned. I was at the range and there was a Vet in a wheelchair shooting his Ar...he must of shot over 500 rounds and was still going. Everyone else had left and I was done shooting...he must have really been enjoying the new wheelchair bench we built cause he was still going at it.

I didn't even asked if he need help...I took it upon myself to pick up all his brass for him. He thanked me and said it would have taken him hours to do that. Since I was willing to do this for him...he kindly asked if I could get him his drink out of his van along with his medicine he should have taken already...

Long story short, He didn't want to bother anyone to ask for help...sure he could have done it himself, but he would of have to move a bunch of gear he had out just to get turned around.

Really nice guy...I enjoy the days I'm at the range and he is there too. Smile
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:47 am

Good times to have by all. A bad day at the range out beats any good day out in general public hands down..
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RichBirdHunter Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:53 am

They make factory ammo now??? Boy what will they think of next??
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by XbonesX Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:48 pm

i dont get why people think its a great idea to store bulk amounts of factory ammo, but reloads aren't good enough?

you could reload your own and have twice the stash and better quality. in a SHTF situation I'd rather have more accurate ammo then more of it. when your life depends on that 1 shot I'll trust my reloads over something made in Russia. my 2 cents.
XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:12 pm

I like the idea, just because I reload isn't any reason not to stock up on other ammo. When I reload, I shoot my reload at the range. Factory ammo can stay on their boxes and put up. Get a few thousand rounds and if ever run out of componants or can't get anymore componants, between reloads and factory, you can be pretty well stocked. No reason not too. Can't think of a reason not too.

Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:58 pm

Daywalker wrote:I like the idea, just because I reload isn't any reason not to stock up on other ammo. When I reload, I shoot my reload at the range. Factory ammo can stay on their boxes and put up. Get a few thousand rounds and if ever run out of componants or can't get anymore componants, between reloads and factory, you can be pretty well stocked. No reason not too. Can't think of a reason not too.

Especially when you can't reload for as cheap as you can find some ammo.

Until I win the lottery...whatever is more economical, is the route I will most likely take for cheap plinking ammo.

I do understand where you are coming from with the "better and more reliable" statement.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by victor8881 Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:12 pm

Daywalker wrote:wow 3.95 a box, I would have gotten crates of that stuff!!! If I had money to get the crates of it...

Walmart only allows you to purchase a total or five boxes of the same caliber. I have two in my city so I've now purchased a total of.....CRAZY AMOUNT!!! I literally went like five days straight and bought five boxes at two locals. I think I was the only one buying it too. I have 1000 rounds right now. Because I have a new toy to break in this will go super fast.

victor8881

Back to top Go down

Post by wiederladertv Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:12 am

I haved shot the Tula Ammo in pistol and rifle and I do not like them. Muzzle flash is extrem and accuracy is terrible. So spend some extra Bucks on good ammo like Magtech or Winchester.
wiederladertv
wiederladertv

http://www.wiederlader.tv

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:53 am

wiederladertv, thanks for the information on use. By wanting to get the tula, I am not wanting to put alot of money out on factory. For the more expensive ammo, I want to put the money towards reloading as my reloads to me are worth more than the expensive ammo.

For a cheap plinking round that one can just shoot to have trigger time, and to have stocked up so if we have another ammunition hoarding problem, I will have lots to just go blow at the range saving my reloads for the days I want to shoot for groups and polish up my target reading skills as well aiming and breath controlling and so forth...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CMAsailor Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:09 pm

for those of us that can only reload single stage... the time alone spent on even the cheapest of reloads is astonishing. not to mention the bruised thumbs from case prep, or back pains from sitting on a stool for hours for the sake of Plinking ammo ... and makes buying the cheapo ammo appealing...cause it's cheap and quick.

...thought i'd throw that out there
>cheers
CMAsailor
CMAsailor

Back to top Go down

Post by acoop101 Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:01 pm

From what I understand it's just wolf in another package. I'm not saying anything about wolf but from what I understand it is just another packaging of the same ammo. I've been using Tula Large Pistol Primers and have had really good luck with them. FWIW

acoop101

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:14 pm

I have a lot of cheep ammo i bought for my mosin and my sks. some wolf some military surplus. some of it from Greece. got it from the sportsmansguide. I agree with DayWalker ya need both. Is it possible to have too much?
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next