Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wife is happy, I am out of the house

+7
Sasquatch-1
eagle60
XbonesX
dartfreak75
RichBirdHunter
hawcer
Daywalker
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wife is happy, I am out of the house - Page 2 Empty Re: Wife is happy, I am out of the house

Post by Daywalker Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:08 pm

I used that handle when I was swaging. Bill made it for me. When I took that picture, I had laid the camera down and put the original handle back on and put that one up. Don't really need such a pry bar to load lol... I had took it off once before when I was swaging. The force it was applying had put a hurting on my R/C. The ram where the shell holder goes in is squashed a bit. I have to force the shell holder in and out. I really need to look at getting a new one. I believe they sell the blanks and you have to machine it yourself tho....
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Wife is happy, I am out of the house - Page 2 Empty Re: Wife is happy, I am out of the house

Post by eagle60 Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:33 pm

Mighty nice man. Are you going to use the other end of the building to store all of your "loaded rounds"?? Yehaw
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:41 pm

The other end will have a small couch and my stand for the progressive press. I have not decided or figured out where all my storage is going to be. I don't want to make it where I have no room to walk lol.... I have some ammo cans I can fill up. I should get more of those ammo cans from the pawn shop as they stack very well.

The wife is picking up some storage bins to put under the bench to sort my brass. Trying to get away from having plastic jars everywhere. We will see how things go. So far so good. I finally figured where to put my primers. Storing the powder is going to be another thing to figure out. Probably build a shelf above the window and put the powder up there if I do not decide to keep them somewhere in the house for humidity..... I dunno yet. Just glad to have stuff set back up. I can load again except for 45 and 40. Sold my regular dies when I got the Dillons lol.... I may have a couple single stage press's for sale. Don't really need 4 or 5 of them.... I dunno yet...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scorge30 Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:52 pm

Looks like a really nice Man Cave Tommy.
scorge30
scorge30

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:10 pm

Thanks guys!!!

I am proud to say that now everything is moved into the building. I do not have anymore equipment inside of the house other than powder. Everything is pretty much set up on that one side of the building. All that is left to do is play around with the table with the LnL and Dillon on it to my liking and then set up storage bins and build overhead shelving over the window. Maybe even a small over head loft if I don't hang my kayak however it is spelled from the ceiling instead...... I still have outlets to install and run electricity to the building. In the meantime, if I need to run the tumbler, I will just use a drop cord. Won't be in there much at night as I work 3rds except for 2 nights a week.....
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RichBirdHunter Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:45 pm

scorge30 wrote:Looks like a really nice Man Cave Tommy.

Yep, it's a keeper
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:49 pm

Looking good DW, don't forget to install a radio...oh and be sure to have communication to the outside world available. Minutes turn into hours mighty fast in a secluded shop.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by scorge30 Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:51 pm

Dont forget a cooler for beer!
scorge30
scorge30

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:53 pm

scorge30 wrote:Dont forget a cooler for beer!

Did ya miss the big black fridge under the R/C? Or did the handle catch your eye and you couldn't look away? LOL......

Got the fridge covered, but the beer will have to wait till the session is over hehehe....
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scorge30 Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:56 pm

Nah missed it with the handle envy.

Now you need a comfy couch, a good TV and a nice selection of cigars in a good humidor.
scorge30
scorge30

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:50 am

scorge30 wrote:Nah missed it with the handle envy.

Now you need a comfy couch, a good TV and a nice selection of cigars in a good humidor.

Now cigars is something I never really got into. Havn't tried them much really. Now what I do like is an occasional puff on the tobacco pipe. Tonight I enjoyd some Paladin Black Cherry. Tomorrow, I am going to get some Apple and Vanillia.... I won't smoke it in the building or the house. A nice lounge chair under the shade tree..... Thats my kinda evening....
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasquatch-1 Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:41 am

Tommy, I hate to rain on your parade, especially since everything looks so nice, but have you consider moister problems? After you have the electricity run you may want to consider a dehumidifier for the summer.

Also you could always build your loft over the couch you're putting in. Just watch your head when you sit down. What a Face
Sasquatch-1
Sasquatch-1

Back to top Go down

Post by scorge30 Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:36 am

Tommy might consider a ceiling fan as well although that might conflict with the loft idea.

Not sure over there but here it is so humid I have to empty the dehemudifier daily. I have been wanting to intall one of the auto matic sump pumps that will pump the water out of the house through the wall into the wife's flowers along the side of the house.

Here in the soggy PNW, if it does not rust it will mold so a good layer of oil and a good dehumidifier are neccessary.

I get tossed out of the house when I want to smoke a good stogie. I like to sit outside myself under my shade tree as well.

Always loved the smell of a pipe but never got around to smoking one.
scorge30
scorge30

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:17 pm

The dehumidifier that was in my reloading room downstairs will be in the building as well... I had bought a nice one since I had my stuff downstairs in the basement just for moisture control.
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasquatch-1 Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:46 pm

What type of heat source are you going to have for the winter? And do you have a snowblower so you can get from the house to the shed?
Sasquatch-1
Sasquatch-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:25 pm

Snow? What is that? As far as heat source, I havn't really thought about it. I would like to install a pellet stove like I have here at the house. Chances are, either a small radiator style electric heat, or one of them propane tent style heaters but on a bigger scale.

I am hoping to have insulation and some sheat rock in place before winter. Did not really have the time or money to do it before hand. I need to get some rounds loaded up as I am out except for some factory. My goal is to have more rounds than I can carry. I am going to store some out at the camper so it is there if need be and some here at the house. My plan is to once I get the rounds where I like, going to store them in baggies that you suck the air out and seal them shut. Air and water tight. The wife bought me some bins that was on sale. I am going to get a pic of those tonight hopefully. These are the answer to my brass storage. I will keep them in zip lock bags. I have a bin that I can toss the need to be tumbled brass in, of course seperated by caliber in a ziploc bag so I can toss into one bin. Then I will have bins set up that will store my tumbled and deprimed sized brass by caliber specific bins. My 45 will be stored cleaned with primer in place as the Dillon deprimes and sizes at the time I am loading those rounds. Should be a good set up.

Also have bins that I can package my rounds up in the ziploc bags per 100 in storage ready for use.

The bins were bought at walmart on sale 5.00 and they are stackable.
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:26 pm

Oh the snow comment, I know what it is, just being silly. We get snow, but it usually melts before the end of the day. Last year, I believe we got snow, just don't remember it. A couple years ago tho, we had a couple feet of snow for weeks. Worst I ever remember it.... I have an electric snow thrower if I have to use it.....
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:35 pm

Ok, here are those pics of the bins I have.

When the brass is ready to be primed and loaded, they will go into their labled bin under the bench. Again, once the 40's and 45's are tumbled, they will go into the bin under the bench. This is because it will be deprimed, primed and loaded at the same time on the progressive press.

When I get back from the range, the brass will be sorted by caliber and placed into zip loc bags. These are then tossed into a bin that is sitting beside my tumbler. The lower bin will be for range pick up brass of calibers I do not own or load for....

The left over bins, I will use these for my loaded rounds. Again, packaged by counts of 100 in baggies and then placed in the bins. If I have enough left over bins, they will be caliber specific as well. I need to get a lable gun.

I have already got my first bin started with Grendel brass waiting. I will probably dedicate a bin beside my tumbler for brass needing to be trimmed after resizing. I can deprime, resize my brass (rifle of course), place back in a baggy and toss into the second lower bin. That way I know I have brass to be trimmed before making it's way to the ready bin. Hope all of that makes sense LOL... The wife got these on clearence for 5.00 each at walmart...

Wife is happy, I am out of the house - Page 2 Bins10

Wife is happy, I am out of the house - Page 2 Storag10

Wife is happy, I am out of the house - Page 2 Storag11

Wife is happy, I am out of the house - Page 2 Storag12

Wife is happy, I am out of the house - Page 2 Storag13

Wife is happy, I am out of the house - Page 2 Ready_10
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasquatch-1 Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:43 am

I recently went to Big Lots and found some small containers that are made to store small blocks of cream cheese in. They remind me of the old plastic boxes Speer use to sell their bullets in. I bought ten of them and each one holds about 90 240grn 44 slugs. They could also be used to hold loaded rounds but I don't think you could get 50 in a box. The next time you make to Big Lots check their food storage isle.
Sasquatch-1
Sasquatch-1

Back to top Go down

Post by scorge30 Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:36 am

I am still using mayonaise, peanut butter and other large plastic jugs to store my collection.

My wife got several plastic bins for my brass and I am slowly converting to bins from the plastic jugs.

Wife is happy, I am out of the house - Page 2 Img_2010
scorge30
scorge30

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:39 pm

I was using some of those too. My favorite was the koolaid containers. I am going to work on a plastic type door just in case things want to fall out of the front of these bins.

I will definatly check out biglots. I still need something to store my casts in and then mabey stack them in these bins to keep things in order!! Thanks for the tips...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scorge30 Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:42 pm

I am zip tying metal cage sides to the shelf because I am tired of leaping powder containers.
scorge30
scorge30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasquatch-1 Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:58 pm

Daywalker wrote:I will definatly check out biglots. I still need something to store my casts in and then mabey stack them in these bins to keep things in order!! Thanks for the tips...

I can get about 90 240 grain 44's in one of the boxes I told you about. They almost look like the type of container you put a bar of soap in for a trip or the gym, except that they are squared off.

If you can't find them let me know and I'll see if there are anymore here. cost plus shipping if they have them.

Also, check the food storage area at Walmart. They might have them and I don't think it will cost you an extra trip.
Sasquatch-1
Sasquatch-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Chranie Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:27 am

We should love her because after all she is for us ... Smile

Chranie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2