Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show a photo of your reloading space.

+9
kcatto
scorge30
dartfreak75
RichBirdHunter
Reload3006
Daywalker
hawcer
XbonesX
Joe
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Show a photo of your reloading space. Empty Show a photo of your reloading space.

Post by Joe Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:58 pm

Here is a good one. Lets see some photo's if you dare.

Here is mine minus Symbols, Christmas Tree, Red Table Cloth, Wreath, Santa's, Snowmen and all of the other festive things. Yes Bones, Symbols are festive.

Show a photo of your reloading space. 007-1

Joe

Back to top Go down

Show a photo of your reloading space. Empty Re: Show a photo of your reloading space.

Post by XbonesX Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:05 am

hey you got our more decorations then I did this last year.

My reloading shop is under construction right now. Hopefully this weekend it will be complete.
XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Show a photo of your reloading space. Empty Re: Show a photo of your reloading space.

Post by Joe Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:17 am

Yeah sorry. This was taken apparently during the Holiday's.

Joe

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:09 am

Show a photo of your reloading space. Dsc04611
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:14 am

I myself like Bones is working on a restoration of sorts. Will get pics when finished as well.......

Must have full of christmas spirit while loading there huh Joe? Tis the season to be loading I do say...

Hawcer, your new location looks like it is working out well for ya...Are you near running out of room yet? heheheh
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:58 am

Oh come on. Take a photo put it up there. I obviously did not doll mine up nor really could even if I could.(HUH ?)

Well now that I think of it. If I were to take one of mine right now it would look like a dinning table.

Joe

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:09 am

It's getting a little crowded DW ,LOL . The local home improvement store had plastic strips made for hanging those colored plastic bins on. (under a buck a piece) So I bought quite a few of them to so I could mount my bins on the wall and off my bench. I mounted a couple on the front of my bench too so I could hang the bins on either side of my press to put my brass in while I'm working on them. Works good!

I'll take a newer pic of the bin set up if anyone is interested...
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:27 am

http://www.atgreloading.com/t230-my-reloading-setup

This was easier than doing it again
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:18 am

Well, my room isn't totally finished. My press stands aren't finished either. I have some more stuff to do as a bottom shelf and accessorize it. I will go ahead and put pictures of what I have done so far...

I found out really quick that I do not have enough room for every single press that I own. This does become a bit of a problem as I do use every single press that I own.

So, a quick trip to Harbor Freight and 2 Universal tool stands later, I have a single stage set up and a progressive stage set up.....

First, My single stage press stand:

Show a photo of your reloading space. Dscn3414

Show a photo of your reloading space. Dscn3415

Show a photo of your reloading space. Dscn3416

That stand holds my RCBS Rock Chucker Reloading/Swage Press, My RCBS RS3 Press, RCBS LAM 1 Lubrisizer and MEC 600 JR 12 Gauge Shotshell Press.

Now for my Progressive Press Stand:

Show a photo of your reloading space. Dscn3417

Show a photo of your reloading space. Dscn3418

Show a photo of your reloading space. Dscn3419

The stands did not come with a top on them. I went to Lowes and bought 1" Pine Panel Board for 30.00 which they cut for me to my measurements at no extra cost and it was enough to do both tops. I now need to put in a bottom shelf on both stands and add some other stuff. Once I get them both completed, and some stuff moved out of the room that these will take the place of, I will get some better pics.

On the Progressive:

3 Dillon Square Deal B Press's, each press is it's own caliber so no worries about having to switch anything out. 40, 9 and a 45.. All dedicated. Then I have Big Red, my Hornady LnL for .223, 6.5 Grendel, then for hunting rounds, .270 and 30-30 Later to add .308,.243 and the 50 beowulf....
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:16 am

Getting a die set for every cartridge you shoot is hard enough....but a stand alone press dedicated to each cartridge is over the top....you've got it bad DW,LOL.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by RichBirdHunter Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:35 am

Tommy do you know that the dies screw in and out? J/K I wish I had the room to set everything up and leave it out but I don't. I would think it would be a good idea to go to garage sales at tommys house
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:51 am

Dang when they said to drink the blue Koolaid they didnt mean to wolf it down. LOL Congrats Tommy. I really am jealous.
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:07 am

LOL, you guys crack me up. I started to drink that blue koolaid, but the glass sprung a leak so I had drink it as fast as I could as not to waste a drop Wink ...

Na, not totally a Dillon fan per say..... Notice I did go LnL, even tho it was used.... Thanks to Bill for getting me started with the Dillon. My first SQD press I got from him. In the lot, there were tool heads and dies for each of the 3 calibers that the wife and I shoot. While it does not take long to switch out tool heads and primers, this makes it a little nicer, just roll the office chair to the next caliber and keep on loading.

With this press, the dies are one of a kind so to speak. They do not take regular dies that you can screw in and out. Instead, they look like round cylinders that you just drop into a hole and then attach the tool head to the top of them with the other tools needed.

With the cost of the dies and toolheads, for both 114.00, dies are around the 80.00 mark and the tool heads around 30.00 (there are more numbers in there), when I came across the other 2 press's without dies or toolheads, the price was just right to the point the wife didn't even mind me getting them, I took them.

I am going to affix a piece of 2x6 to each of the leg of the stand to take the bouncing out of them and have a stable foundation. I was going to bolt to the floor, however, there isn't that much room to leave them out in the middle of the floor and still be able to get around the room. I am going to take my first bench I built completely out of the room and then sit both stands over against the wall. Then when i am ready, simply slide the stand to the middle of the room so that I can just move around all 4 sides to which ever press I plan on using and get r done....

Bones needs to get some time and post his set up on here tongue lol
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:30 pm

wow them stands turned out really nice yea tommys got more presses than iv got guns lol you sure do have a nice collection there buddy!
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by scorge30 Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:07 pm

OK here is my disaster area. I'm trying to cram everything within 8' of table so I am a little crowded. Need to get a few shelves on the wall to move some of the clutter from the table.

Amazingly enough I can find most everything on the table but I get tired of stuff sliding into my lap when I am full length resizing belted magnum brass or swaging bullets.

Show a photo of your reloading space. P1010011
scorge30
scorge30

Back to top Go down

Post by kcatto Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:55 am

well scorge30 it is nice to see someone else with a workbench that is cluttered up....

Some times it seems like the more i clean the darn thing the dirtier it gets....

I will have to post some pics of my little area...
kcatto
kcatto

Back to top Go down

Post by scorge30 Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:39 am

My workbench is the former kitchen table, and serves as my combined reloading bench, and firearms work area.

At any time I have a few TC barrels stacked on the table as well as a few scopes that need mounting; TC forends to drill, pillar and glass bed; and occasionally a Contender frame to do a trigger job on.

One of my main issues is that I have no place to store my bulk brass - so it sits on the table. Somewhere in that mess is a few thousand once fired LC .223 & .308.

My wife & I hope this summer to move things around in the sheds & garage to make more room for our stuff.

Steve
scorge30
scorge30

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:46 am

LOL y'all should see my loading area now ... it looks like an a-bomb went off.
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:17 pm

Show a photo of your reloading space. 13305_380276253455_638068455_3948508_5629590_n

Show a photo of your reloading space. 13305_380276238455_638068455_3948506_1354766_n
Travis
Travis

Back to top Go down

Show a photo of your reloading space. Empty My happy place

Post by mac60 Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:29 am

Here's my bench.

Show a photo of your reloading space. Sany0119

Die & component storage.

Show a photo of your reloading space. Sany0123

I have my tools attached to steel or aluminum plate with studs and c-clamp them to the bench as needed.

mac60

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle60 Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:28 am

Well, here goes. It ain't much to look at. I just completed getting it moved into the little shop that I normally use for computer repair. Haven't had many come in in the past year so I figured the reloading bench would be better here than in the wood/machine shop.

Show a photo of your reloading space. Full10

Show a photo of your reloading space. Left10
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by mac60 Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:38 am

Very nice eagle60 - I like that lazysusan type deal with round die boxes. I don't know if your wood/machine shop was air conditioned, but I like being comfortable and I see you have an a/c unit there, so that's nice.

mac60

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle60 Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:04 am

Thanks mac. The die storage isn't mounted on bearings or anything so I have to manually turn it in the cabinet to get to the ones in back. It seemed like the best way (for me at least) to store those round containers Smile AC is nice but I don't turn it on much. The ac has a hard time keeping up 'cause that is one of the Lowes tin building specials that I finished on the inside. Believe me when I say that it gets "hotter than a nanny goat in a pepper patch eating 10 rows at a time" in there What a Face At current electricity prices it's really not feasable to run the ac so I'm out there in the early mornings or at night mostly.

That is a sweet looking setup you have.
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:50 pm

nice shop Eagle
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle60 Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:04 pm

Thanks Reload.
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next