Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scope lens contamination or fogging???

2 posters

Go down

Scope lens contamination or fogging??? Empty Scope lens contamination or fogging???

Post by RemMan700 Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:30 pm

If you look at the picture below you can see these tiny little spots on the scope lens. They are on the inside of the scope. I cannot tell if they are water spots from condensation getting inside the scope or if it is some kind of contaminate that got on the lens during the manufacturing process. They do not blur the scope image at all when looking through the scope at all. I did a test and tried leaving the scope in the refrigerator for a long time then taking it out to see if I could get any water to condense on the lens but nothing happend. Also notice how the dots are centered in the lens and there are no dots around the edges. Not sure if that is due to the lenses having a convex shape.

Has anyone ever seen this before and know what the issue might be?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Scope lens contamination or fogging??? Empty Re: Scope lens contamination or fogging???

Post by eagle60 Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:53 am

Pixie dust maybe?? j/k
That's a new one on me. It almost looks like something has had a reaction with the coating on the optics.
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Scope lens contamination or fogging??? Empty Re: Scope lens contamination or fogging???

Post by RemMan700 Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:16 am

Oh God.... I hope its not pixie's again! Shocked

Some guy said it looks similar to a nano coating on his Nikon camera lens which is supposed to diffuse flare. The spots in the picture look kind of blurred and larger then they look in person. Almost looks like a plastic film and someone took a fine hot needle and melted little spots in the film.
RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down