Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone Else Finding Lee Dies Have Incorrect Parts...or Incorrect Dies in their Sets from Midway?

+10
IDAce
Mohunter
[CL2]Sparky
eagle60
george457d
hawcer
XbonesX
brow_tines
Daywalker
daddyseal
14 posters

Go down

Anyone Else Finding Lee Dies Have Incorrect Parts...or Incorrect Dies in their Sets from Midway? Empty Anyone Else Finding Lee Dies Have Incorrect Parts...or Incorrect Dies in their Sets from Midway?

Post by daddyseal Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:52 am

I like Lee's reasonably prices presses...But, I am now having TWO issues with Lee's dies.

1) In trying to reload 9x18 Makarov, the full length sizing (depriming, etc.) die is wrong, and only resizes my cases to .340 dia.
I can flare them to seat the .364 dia. boolits...but the case below the seated boolit is way too narrow at .340 dia.
Bad, very bad situation.

2) In trying to factory crimp my 9mm rounds...the insert inside the FCD does not Even touch the case mouth, since it is only .645 long...but needs to be about .993 long, or so, to crimp.

THE First Time I called Lee about their listing their casting molds in 125gr. as good for making 380 rounds (only because was correct dia. of .356), they treated me like I was an Idiot.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/658356/lee-6-cavity-bullet-mold-356-125-2r-9mm-luger-38-super-380-acp-356-diameter-125-grain-2-ogive-radius

They said it is up to the buyer to find load data for what I want to reload first...then find a boolit of that weight and diameter to load it/or use it. That is Total B.S. in this case! 125gr. is WAY Too heavy for a 380 and there is ZERO load data for it.
I said that would be dangerous to a customer, and thought the listing was great 9mm and 38 Special, and 90, 95 and 100gr. 380 applications...but their listing that weight for 380 should be removed from their mold advertising.

SO, since I have bought those Lee dies from midway, they are trying to get replacement (Correct) die parts sent to me.

Anyone Else having problems with Lee dies thru midway?

daddyseal

Back to top Go down

Anyone Else Finding Lee Dies Have Incorrect Parts...or Incorrect Dies in their Sets from Midway? Empty Re: Anyone Else Finding Lee Dies Have Incorrect Parts...or Incorrect Dies in their Sets from Midway?

Post by Daywalker Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:16 am

All of the lee dies I have ordered through midway have been correct. As a matter of fact, I have a set of Lee dies coming to me from Midway for .38/.357. When they get here, I will let you know what I find...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Anyone Else Finding Lee Dies Have Incorrect Parts...or Incorrect Dies in their Sets from Midway? Empty Re: Anyone Else Finding Lee Dies Have Incorrect Parts...or Incorrect Dies in their Sets from Midway?

Post by daddyseal Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:34 am

I also have 4 other carbide die sets that I haven't used...(guess I'd better now), but I think those are flukes.
I just want to use what I bought!

I spoke with a midway supervisor just now, who is calling Lee to get the correct parts sent to me....I'll get back to you on that too, friend.

daddyseal

Back to top Go down

Post by brow_tines Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:51 pm

I've bought several from Midway and never had a problem
brow_tines
brow_tines

Back to top Go down

Post by XbonesX Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:24 pm

I've had nothing but problems with all Lee products I have bought, so I no longer buy them for myself.

I did however, buy a set a couple months ago for Fletch. MidwayUSA was out of stock so I bought them locally. No reported problems I've heard.
XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:40 pm

I have 2 sets of Lee dies. 9mm and 45acp...both 4-die sets. I haven't had any trouble with either set.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by george457d Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:00 pm

I have a mixed bag of dies (rcbs ,lee and hornady) If I need a factory crimp ,IMHO ,lee is the best ... However with the Hornady promo this year getting a free box of bullets ,think its time to replace my dies ... Oh yea ,after the bullet-rebate the dies come in under $20 What a Face
george457d
george457d

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle60 Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:45 pm

I've use Lee dies almost exclusively and haven't had any problems other than breaking a couple of decapping pins. That was my fault though.
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by [CL2]Sparky Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:07 pm

I use lee almost exclusively, but I don't buy from Midway! IMO, they are too high in prices, and give you NO options on shipping inexpensively. I buy from a reputable dealer on Ebay. He ships using USPS "if it fits, it ships". He also wastes no time in getting it shipped. Not had any trouble with incorrect parts and pieces!
[CL2]Sparky
[CL2]Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by daddyseal Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:43 pm

Me too...and good advice!

daddyseal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:35 pm

I started out with RCBS dies and got tired of needing wrenches to make adjustments, constant loosening adjusting, re-tightening, ect. So I've almost completely replaced every die set I use with Lee dies, have not had a single problem with them as of yet. No wrenches required and I like that alot. I've even bought some used Lee die sets and all of those work flawlessly. Most recent set was for my uncle's model 1899 in .303 Savage, which is an almost non-existent caliber these days and the Lee die set I bought works great, no problems what so ever and the loads shoot great out of my uncle's 100+ yr. old rifle.
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by IDAce Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:42 pm

I had an issue with a progressive I bought missing parts. It was from a chain store. I contacted Lee via email and they sent the parts to my house no questions asked.

IDAce

Back to top Go down

Post by daddyseal Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:44 pm

Yes...they are good about that.
They did it for me too ..on the midway screw up~

daddyseal

Back to top Go down

Post by psloader Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:12 pm

All my dies are lee and so far all mine are on the money i just got 38.357 dies and first time out of the box on the money If there incorrect lee will make it right no questions asked they make it right

psloader

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:41 pm

I broke the thumb lever on my Lee hand primer awhile back, called and asked if I could "Purchase" a new one. The woman asked for my address (didn't ask for money) three days later I had 2 replacement levers...........free of charge. I can't argue with service like that. I know others who have had disagreeable confrontations with Lee customer reps, or so they say, but my experience has always been positive. I have no complaints with Lee at all. Midway USA is a different story, sometimes you will get an agreeable customer service rep and sometimes you will get an ahole, just depends on who you talk to there. Even though they are based in my home state, I'm not a big fan of Midway. I've found Brownells to be much more friendly, but not always the best prices. Grafs is also close to where I live and if you go into the store they are always more than helpful, but they have recently (in the last year) started that same crap you get with Midway..........minimum $25 order or they charge you extra. That's not good business in my opinion. I even sent the CEO of Grafs a personal email about it, he offered to take $25 bucks off my next order and I said no thanks. Just my 2 cents.
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by daddyseal Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:11 pm

I agree with all your comments, Mohunter.
And I think Potterfield is trying to improve his customer service phone reps. with that short phone survey before you hang up.
I have slammed a rep's rating when I get one of those uncooperative reps.
And everyone should~

daddyseal

Back to top Go down

Post by [CL2]Sparky Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:12 am

Mohunter wrote:I broke the thumb lever on my Lee hand primer awhile back, called and asked if I could "Purchase" a new one. The woman asked for my address (didn't ask for money) three days later I had 2 replacement levers...........free of charge. I can't argue with service like that. I know others who have had disagreeable confrontations with Lee customer reps, or so they say, but my experience has always been positive. I have no complaints with Lee at all. Midway USA is a different story, sometimes you will get an agreeable customer service rep and sometimes you will get an ahole, just depends on who you talk to there. Even though they are based in my home state, I'm not a big fan of Midway. I've found Brownells to be much more friendly, but not always the best prices. Grafs is also close to where I live and if you go into the store they are always more than helpful, but they have recently (in the last year) started that same crap you get with Midway..........minimum $25 order or they charge you extra. That's not good business in my opinion. I even sent the CEO of Grafs a personal email about it, he offered to take $25 bucks off my next order and I said no thanks. Just my 2 cents.

I'm with you there brother, I only deal with reputable dealers. And Midway ain't it! I have learned to spot them, and mostly on Ebay. I buy a lot of reloading equipment on Ebay, mostly Lee. There customer service is outstanding. Also, I must say the same about Ruger!
[CL2]Sparky
[CL2]Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by EdgarEg Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:18 am

[CL2]Sparky wrote:I buy from a reputable dealer on Ebay. He ships using USPS "if it fits, it ships". He also wastes no time in getting it shipped. Not had any trouble with incorrect parts and pieces!
I think it would be fine to tell us the eBay dealers name.
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Post by [CL2]Sparky Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:36 pm

EdgarEg wrote:
[CL2]Sparky wrote:I buy from a reputable dealer on Ebay. He ships using USPS "if it fits, it ships". He also wastes no time in getting it shipped. Not had any trouble with incorrect parts and pieces!
I think it would be fine to tell us the eBay dealers name.

His ID is gilaz33. Here is a ling to his Ebay store. http://stores.ebay.com/arizona-reloading-equipment
[CL2]Sparky
[CL2]Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by dentkimterry Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:22 pm

I bought a set of Lee 9mm dies last summer from Midway. The seating die had a part inside missing. Midway sent a replacement and paid freight both ways.

dentkimterry

Back to top Go down

Post by kcatto Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:11 am

I have several sets of Lee dies and I like them a lot.... I have loaded 5500rds this month alone on the Lee 45acp carbide 4 dies set with the Dillon 550 and I have not had one issue... I can give everyone that likes Lee products I only have real experience with Lee Dies and Lee molds but zero complaints...

but check out FSRELOADING.com it is a factory direct lee products and they are really reasonable on dies and molds etc... just hope this helps someone out...

kcatto
kcatto

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down