Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What to eat when you go to the gun range?

+6
Sasquatch-1
IDAce
Aussie
B W M
Nicnac
EdgarEg
10 posters

Go down

What to eat when you go to the gun range? Empty What to eat when you go to the gun range?

Post by EdgarEg Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:12 pm

What do you eat when you go to the gun range?

I usually stay at the gun range so long that I get hungry. But my hands are coated with soot and ash and stuff that I don't want to ingest. So bringing a sandwich to the gun range to eat doesn't seem like a good idea.
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

What to eat when you go to the gun range? Empty Re: What to eat when you go to the gun range?

Post by Nicnac Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:31 pm

Ha, I am usally at the range at 8am. I have had a bite to eat on the way there or eat a granola bar or 2 when at the range. When eating my granola bars I am eating them out of the wrapper with my grubby hand on the wrapper(so use the wrapper or ziplock baggie for your protection. lol) Laughing I am mostly done and on my way home by noon and having lunch with the wifie when I get home. Havn't been able to talk her into going with yet, I did type yet.....................Very Happy
Nicnac
Nicnac

Back to top Go down

What to eat when you go to the gun range? Empty Re: What to eat when you go to the gun range?

Post by B W M Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:00 am

I take 2 snicker bars and 2 RC and a jug of water 7am to 12 or 2:30pm. Kill a lot of paper then a lot of reloading.

B W M

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussie Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:19 am

Call me silly or maybe its a female thing but why dont you just take hand wipes (wet ones) and clean your hands. They can even kill 99% of germs LOL. Just a thought...And then that way you can eat anything you chose to.
Aussie
Aussie

Back to top Go down

Post by IDAce Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:57 am

How far do you all have to drive to go shoot? I live around the corner from blm land.

IDAce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasquatch-1 Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:49 am

I never take anything to eat to the range. I have been known to stay there 4 to 6 hours at a time. Now mind you a have enough calories stored away I could probably stay 4 to 6 days and not NEED food. affraid Sometimes I will buy a soda on my way out.

I have seen people come with doughnuts and coffee and only stay an hour or 2.
Sasquatch-1
Sasquatch-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:36 am

I shoot at my parent's house and it's just less than 100 yards back to mama's kitchen and she's always got something good to eat in there.
I'm kind like Sasquatch though, I could survive a couple days without food and still be in good shape. It's called self preservation, us larger folks know we may need it at some point. LOL tongue

But one thing I cannot go without is my Dt. Dew, always got a couple bottles of that on hand.
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by XbonesX Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:26 pm

I try not to during shooting, or within about 2 hours before I go. I also advise people not to drink soda or coffee, or smoke while/during shooting as it effects the body and fine motor skills.
XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicnac Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:44 pm

Aussie wrote:Call me silly or maybe its a female thing but why dont you just take hand wipes (wet ones) and clean your hands. They can even kill 99% of germs LOL. Just a thought...And then that way you can eat anything you chose to.

Funny you should say this. I had to use the wet wipes in my truck last weekend after I dove into the garbage can and spilled someones moca-coffee all over the brass I was diving in for. Needless to say it was all over my finders and hands too. Laughing
Nicnac
Nicnac

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:34 am

XbonesX wrote:I try not to during shooting, or within about 2 hours before I go. I also advise people not to drink soda or coffee, or smoke while/during shooting as it effects the body and fine motor skills.
If I don't have my caffeine in the morning I'll be going into withdrawals. I've learned to compensate for the twitchy cross hairs, for me it's all about timing. Breathing in and letting it out at just the right moment while squeezing the trigger.
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by RichBirdHunter Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:19 pm

I eat before I go and bring lots of liquids. It will keep you going for a few hours
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:43 pm

Since my range is out my back door. I simply walk into the mudroom and up into the kitchen and eat what ever i want that I have LOL
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by RichBirdHunter Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:05 pm

Reload3006 wrote:Since my range is out my back door. I simply walk into the mudroom and up into the kitchen and eat what ever i want that I have LOL

You are such a xxxxx! I mean that in a good way
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down