Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good 9mm 115grain and 126grain charge...Please share.

4 posters

Go down

A good 9mm 115grain and 126grain charge...Please share.  Empty A good 9mm 115grain and 126grain charge...Please share.

Post by victor8881 Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:16 pm

Looking for a good load that will be compatable with 115grain RN cooper plated bullets.

Also a good load for 125 grain RN lead casted bullets.

victor8881

Back to top Go down

A good 9mm 115grain and 126grain charge...Please share.  Empty Re: A good 9mm 115grain and 126grain charge...Please share.

Post by hawcer Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:22 pm

Reload3006 has some real nice 125gr swaged bullets...maybe he has a real nice load to go with them that will work for you.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

A good 9mm 115grain and 126grain charge...Please share.  Empty Re: A good 9mm 115grain and 126grain charge...Please share.

Post by victor8881 Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:11 pm

hawcer wrote:Reload3006 has some real nice 125gr swaged bullets...maybe he has a real nice load to go with them that will work for you.

will ask him thanks for the heads up.

victor8881

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:13 am

What I Do really is get my load books out and see what i have on hand there are lots and lots of good loads and your gun will be different than mine. I have had great success with lots of powder. and i try my best to stay away from magnum primers. just for me a safety thing because they are a lot hotter and will drastically raise pressures. there really is no getting around working up a load for your self. also you didnt mention if you are using jacketed or lead bullets or maybe i didnt s see it. any way because I have so much of it i mostly use IMR SR4756 it does ok and I know there is much better out there but its what I use for now. Hey it sends lead down range. any way back on point find a powder in the load books that you have or looks like you can get the most out of with the lowest pressures published then start at or below the starting weight and work up from there watching for sighs of pressure untill you are happy with results or you reach the max charge. if you arent happy with the results of that then try something else. Remember because something works in your buddy's gun dosent mean that it necessarily will in yours. Wish i could be of more help but thats about the truth.
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:32 am

victor8881 wrote:Looking for a good load that will be compatable with 115grain RN cooper plated bullets.

Also a good load for 125 grain RN lead casted bullets.

Do you have any powder on hand ,if so, what kind? are you starting from scratch and are not sure where to start?

XbonesX posted this thread that has alot of good sites with free loading data. Check them out.

--->free data sources<---

If you are not sure on a powder to start with...w231,hp-38,unique,titegroup,bullseye are powders that will cover about any non-magnum handgun load...I personally use Unique and titegroup and have had good results out of both. Sometimes it depends on what you can find locally....If you don't have a loading book,get one. In the meantime, print off every page from the free link above that contains the loads for the bullets you have. Then take note of the powders being used in those loads and see if anyone carries any of it locally.

If you are still unsure, I'll dig through my manuals for some data for you...it will really help to know what powder is available for you to use.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:11 pm

I am going to look at my load data. I load 124 grain Lead boolits a your second choice in 9mm. I use Unique. It does ok in my 9mm. You can at least try it out in yours and tweak it as see fit...

Actually, it is 122 grain TC. Should be 124 or 125, just my mold drops lighter in weight. But I am using 5.1 grain Unique. It isn't a max load. Before you ue this, Let me find it in the book again so that I can let you know where at on the chain this load is...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by victor8881 Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:42 pm

Currently my Accurate powders has not failed me. My Glock 19 and M&P have zero issue with it. I believe my reloads ammo might possibly be more "accurate" than factory, but really haven't tested it. I do notice that I get a "louder bang" when the pistol goes off when I use Accurate #7. The best I can describe this is when you shoot CCI mini mags and then you shoot the CCI stingers... thats about the feeling I get when I'm loading with Accurate #7. I've possibly made over 2000-3000 rounds thus far, and I've had maybe a hand full of jams or feeding issues. I shoot at times 250-550 rounds in one session, with not issues, minus that I know I'll be given my gun a great cleaning and spray with the air pressure gun.

I really don't know if I'm doing anything wrong. I start with the minimum recommended load coming from my Lee reload book, and I set my sure measure Lee powder tool to drop a tinny bit over that because my digital scale sometimes either read + or - .1 in the grain measurements. so if I'm for example trying to hit 4.7 grains, I'm setting the tool to toss a 4.9 and sometimes I'll get 4.7 and sometimes i get 4.9, but mostly will stay around 4.8. This is of course if I'm staying consistent the method of use when using this tool...(Daywalker you know what I'm talking about. I believe you have a video on this)... Thats my method, and I haven't had many problems yet. I'm currently on my last two pounds of Accurate and now that gun powder is back in stock I have more options to go with. before I re stock up, I wanted to see what others used and people tend to say they use Unique and Red Dot, but I have no load data on it.

ramble, ramble, ramble.... I guess I should not change with something that isn't broken, but I don't hear too many people saying they use Accurate powder. I wonder why that is?

victor8881

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down