Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cores for swaging

3 posters

Go down

Cores for swaging Empty Cores for swaging

Post by Reload3006 Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:15 am

Hey everyone I have a couple molds that i use to cast cores for swagging both were i believe originally for bullets one was an RCBS and the other was a Lyman. be that as it may they have screws on the bottom of the mold and depending on where you set the screws is the weight of the core you drop. Well you can go by the trial and error method or you can use the volume of a cylinder and calculate how deep your mold has to be with its diameter so you cast the right weight cores to use. Or for that matter cutting your lead wire. if you know the diameter of either mold or wire I have a XLS spread sheet that I put to gather to calculate what length core you need if any one wants it PM me and I'll email you a copy what you do is put in your diameter and the weight in grains of a core you want it will tell you the depth to set your molds or length to cut your wire.
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Cores for swaging Empty Re: Cores for swaging

Post by Daywalker Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:50 pm

Ah sweet. I am sending you a PM for sure Thanks
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowboy Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:09 pm

Hey Daywalker did you go to his wed site. I have been there and can't get it to work. How did you find out he had .224 dies? I am still waiting for him to call me back. Thanks
Cowboy
Cowboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:02 pm

If you send Reload3006 a PM, he has a brochure with all of Blackmon's products. I wasn't sure if he had dies for the .224, algunjunkie, who confirmed that was the website that you posted, was the one who confirmed that he had dies for swaging .224. I don't think he has had the time to really get his website fully operational.

It may take him a day or 2 to get back with you. I have not spoken with him as of yet. I am interested in his BSSP Press but I have a few other items that I need to give my attention to before I buy anything else..

Send Reload3006 a pm with your email address and he will send you the latest brochure from Dr. Blackmon..
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowboy Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:07 pm

Hello again Daywalker.
I have been on the web trying to get more info on Dr. Blackmon; ended up on Ammosmiths forum and seen a thread that you had a pdf file price list of Blackmons products. Will you send it to me? Thanks
Cowboy
Cowboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:14 pm

Cowboy wrote:Hello again Daywalker.
I have been on the web trying to get more info on Dr. Blackmon; ended up on Ammosmiths forum and seen a thread that you had a pdf file price list of Blackmons products. Will you send it to me? Thanks
pm me with your email addy and as i said in a different post i will send you a copy of Dr. Blackmons catalog.
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down