Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remington770 Stock question

3 posters

Go down

Remington770 Stock question Empty Remington770 Stock question

Post by Daywalker Wed May 01, 2013 9:00 am

Well, I tried to install a bipod on the boy's 243. I just do not know my own strength. I snapped the front stud. It is moulded plastic, so it is one piece. The part busted into many pieces.

How hard is it to install a mounting stud? Or should I just look at getting a replacement stock?
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Remington770 Stock question Empty Re: Remington770 Stock question

Post by hawcer Wed May 01, 2013 9:13 am

Will the 770 fit in a 700 stock? I have a brand new Hogue Rem 700 stock in green Gillie I might part with if it will work. It's the one my 300blk came with.

Edit: I guess the 700 stock won't work anyway

Are you saying the stud was molded into the stock? Maybe just drill a new hole and install a steel stud. If you are going to mount a bipod on it, I'd use the type that is machine threaded with a backing nut. If I recall, walmart sells a winchester sling swivel set that has one in it.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Wed May 01, 2013 9:26 am

Right. The mounting stud is moulded in. It is all one piece.

I am not sure if they will fit a 700 bdl. There are 3 attachment screws. 2 in front of the magazine box and one small screw behind the trigger guard. This is also a short action if that means anything.

I bet that hogue stock sure is a pretty thing...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IDAce Wed May 01, 2013 5:44 pm

Like hawker said I bet one of the sling swivel studs would work good. You could just drill for it or you could drill and set a spacer in it kind of like pillar bedding it. Drill a slightly smaller hole and heat the spacer piece to set it in. If you wanted to go all out you could mount one of those six inch rails on the bottom and get a bipod that attaches to that.

IDAce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down