Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Developing your loads

+6
dartfreak75
Mohunter
Reload3006
XbonesX
algunjunkie
Daywalker
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Developing your loads - Page 2 Empty Re: Developing your loads

Post by dartfreak75 Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:17 pm

unforchantly iv seen what hot loads do and its not good there is a guy at work a swear just fills up a case with whatever he fells like i saw a 243 case melted in half heard about a ruined model 700 30-06 and a ruger blackhawk blow up just from that one guys loads
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by Xprez Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:11 am

My method is like most of the others above... I determin witch bullet to use, how fast i want it to go (depending on if it's a load for hunting, varminting etc.) and witch powder is the most eff. compared to case capacity. And, increments off 1 grain untill i got acceptable accuracy, then it's down to 0.5 grains and seating depth.

Yes, most of my accurate loads uses nearly all of the case capacity, so i would say it's something to it.

Xprez

https://www.youtube.com/user/Xprez308

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:57 am

If you ever have the chance to play around with Quick Load....as far as rifles and other slow burning powders go, the more powder in the case equals a more complete burn. I think this would make them more consistent and potentially more accurate....as long as you are still in the safe zone as far as pressure goes.

BUT...what a computer program says and what happens in the real world can be completely different.

Just remember....all load data,manuals, programs, etc. are only tools....you still have to do the work. Wink

Last edited by hawcer on Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by algunjunkie Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:17 pm

The quick load data is a rough guide, pretty darn accurate wise in its predictions, but it usually estimates the speeds for the loads that I use to wthin 100fps of actual clocked speeds.

Don't get me wrong I have tons of manuals that I use for comparison as well. But the proof is in the actual shooting and testing.

So far every load that has the powder sitting at the base of the should are the most constient as far as velocity goes. Once I get the right velocity, its time for seating depth.

algunjunkie

http://algunjunkie.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Xprez Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:38 pm

I use Quickload on a regluar basis... Wink But as statet above, it is one thing in theory and another in reallife. Wink

Xprez

https://www.youtube.com/user/Xprez308

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2