Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ruger SR1911

+8
RichBirdHunter
eagle60
dartfreak75
XbonesX
CMAsailor
Reload3006
hawcer
Daywalker
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ruger SR1911 Empty Ruger SR1911

Post by Daywalker Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:26 pm

I think I am in love yet again!!!!!!

http://www.ruger.com/products/sr1911/models.html
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ruger SR1911 Empty Re: Ruger SR1911

Post by hawcer Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:31 pm

Looks sweet!

I bet it sells for around the same as a Taurus PT1911. Too bad I already picked up a Taurus or I would have definitely tried to hook one of those.

I wonder if they make them in house or some other company is manufacturing all or most of it for them?

Seems almost too cheap to be made in the US, Doesn't it?

Hmmmm, I swear just a minute ago when I clicked on the link it showed MSRP of $699....now $799, I must be loosing it. Still reasonable for a MSRP price.

Please tell me....Why the heck is this not approved for Ca? Inquiring mind wants to know...
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:15 pm

Suggested price is 799.00.... I watched the youtube vid of Jeff Quin who did a review of it. It is not for sale till May...

According to Ruger, everything is made in house at Ruger. All 100% American Made, every pin, every spring. The barrel and the bushing is made from the exact same bar stock and are made together at the exact same time on the same machine. So that one bushing is for that one barrel instead of making all the barrels and all the bushings and grabbing one from a bin to put with it. The skeleton trigger is all aluminum...

Steel frame IIRC. On Ruger's site, they also say all parts are made in house as well... Heck I have a Taurus, will have another, but I now want to add this Ruger to the collection and think it is no officially on the shopping list... With a suggested retail price of 799.00, you know its going to be around 630ish?? Depending on the dealer you go too that is......
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:18 pm

Ok I missed the part no aproved for CA..... Now I have to say this.... I am getting pretty sick and tired of firearm companies ignoring firearm owners in CA. I don't live there but dang it, they are letting the anti's win by not supplying our brothers in CA.... There is no reason not to send there or building firearms to spec for sale in CA.....

I really love that 1911, but if Ruger is going to take a stand and not sell in CA, then I think I will just stick with my Taurus. If the company is not going to support everyone, then I am not going to support them....

I wonder if it has to do with the mag? Is CA not allowed a 7 or 8 round mag?? Is it because of the mag release like that of the AR where they have to have a certain button?? That means no 1911's are CA approved then??

Email sent to Ruger asking about that.....
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:30 pm

Here is a site about approved firearms for CA....

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

I see that the Taurus 1911 in 9mm is on the list yet, the 1911 in 45 is not... that is odd...

Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:35 pm

I have to Disagree with you Day ... and I am not picking on you or anyone else but I don't blame companies for boycotting California. The good citizens of California have to stand up for them selves if they want the same rights as the rest of the country. it is only they who will be able to save themselves unfortunately.
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by CMAsailor Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:38 pm

Reload3006 wrote:I have to Disagree with you Day ... and I am not picking on you or anyone else but I don't blame companies for boycotting California. The good citizens of California have to stand up for them selves if they want the same rights as the rest of the country. it is only they who will be able to save themselves unfortunately.

There's only so much you can do when dead people are voting too...
CMAsailor
CMAsailor

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:46 pm

Sorry Tommy trying hard not to get into a political discussion.... but yea Shawn we have lots of dead people voting in Kansas City and St. Louis. heck we even elected a dead person to the U.S. Senate..... alas we digress........ Companies can only produce a product if California will not allow it to be sold in their state what can Ruger do about it?
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by XbonesX Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:59 pm

looks like a very nice pistol, i'll have to go to the shop and check one out next month.

without turning this political, i have to agree with both of you. Californians need to get thier *#$% together but we need to support them anyway we can. I am always reminded of the poem about Nazi Germany

"First they came for the communists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me... and there was no one left to speak out for me."

-Pastor Martin Niemoller
XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:01 pm

I have sat here for I don't know how long typing away about my disagreement with boycotting California. I have typed and erased and typed and erased. I guess we all have our difference of opinions and nothing wrong with that. Besides, I don't won't to continue a debate about boycotting California here when the thread is about the SR1911.... Plus, don't won't to get political....

I am just going to mark it off my shopping list now for reasons I will keep to myself....

Yes Bones, good point... I am sure there might be some rolling over closing eyes, I am sure there are quite a few speaking out as well......

Very Happy
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:43 pm

That is sweet I wonder if it is colt interchangeable
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:45 pm

Have y'all looked at the Remington 1911 i have chewed on one of those for a while. Still though I am really thinking about the S&W M&P, HK usp or Glock 17 what say u I am concerned about the Polygonal rifling. Has anyone got any confirmed literature from any of the mfrs saying not to shoot Lead?
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:12 pm

Yep, I been eyeballing the Remington R1 myself for a while now. I love 1911's. It is my goal to have a collection of as many as I can get minus the expensive ones. I am not a name collecter so the guys selling those for the big bucks can keep catering to those that can afford them.... I just can't do it. So, with that in mind, I'm probably going to be only be able to get a couple of them.

I can't answer the poly question as I would only be repeating everybody in the world when it comes to one. I am sure you have already read and heard the same as me.....
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle60 Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:35 pm

Despite all, that is one good looking pistol - -
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by RichBirdHunter Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:04 pm

You all know where I fall politically speaking so no need to open that box. It costs gun makers thousands of dollars for the "drop" test plus the gun makers must supply all the guns the government wants for the testing. A gun maker will only release the highest selling calibers because each caliber must be tested and the gun maker must pay over and over again
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:24 pm

Shoot...I didn't mean to hit a bees nest with the lawnmower.

I was just wondering what made it non-compliant. Hmm...under 10 round capacity,was designed before any of the sumbitches in office where even born, it has no scary "black" features....

It leaves me to believe it's either short on safety features or all political...and it's not the only one either.

Guess it has to be rubber band operated and have a orange safety tip to be compliant in CA.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:01 pm

na you didn't stir anything up. It's all cool man...

From some reading, I came up that in order to be Ca compliant, there are special conciderations a manufacture has to pass. One being a seperate safety or the magazine, something about a magazine safety disconnect, which I wonder if that is where the weapon will not fire if the magazine is not in the weapon....

Then as Rich stated, there is a drop test, which if I read right, 20' drop onto cement a few times checking to make sure the weapon does not go off and to see what it takes to crack a frame and some other items.

I am not sure what that costs, but most firearm companies already has the magazine disconnect. The wife's S&W will fire magazine in or not, however, my SR9c will not fire if the magazine is not in the firearm.

That link I posted earlier has a bit of information if your willing to weed through it and learn to speak "getting around" the subject....

I may change my mind. I am waiting to get an email back from Ruger to see what they say about it....
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicnac Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:46 pm

Here's a youtube review of the Ruger SR1911.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAP9bLqM6Ss&feature=feedu

Nicnac
Nicnac

Back to top Go down

Post by wallenba Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:29 pm

I opened up the Ruger website yesterday and my jaw nearly dropped off. I began drooling and dreaming of that beauty and how she would feel in my hand. Today I took three safe queens to my local dealer and sold them. My SR1911 fund has started. I know that Ruger has had some problems with their autoloaders lately, but a 1911 is different. The design has been tested for 100 years now and I'm sure Ruger knows where the bugs are. They were very busy today at the dealer, so tommorow I'll get on the advance purchase list.
wallenba
wallenba

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:35 pm

Ok so it appears that I owe Ruger an appology. It is Ca that will not recognize the SR1911 as being approved. I guess since it is a 1911, there is no need to try and convert an already excellent platform to meet approval process...

Here is Rugers response to my question:

Thank you for using the Ruger On-Line Customer Support Request Form.

This e-mail is in response to your question or comment of 04/18/2011
Request No: 93131

Comment / question:

I don't live in Ca, however, I am interested in finding out why the SR1911 is not Ca approved?

Thanks

Tommy

Response:
No, I am sorry the new SR1911 is not available in California. Under California Law, center fire pistols manufactured after January 1, 2007 must be equipped with both a loaded chamber indicator and a magazine disconnect. Although the SR1911 has a witness hole that allows one to determine the presence of a round on the chamber, the California Department of Justice has not recognized this device as satisfying the loaded chamber indicator requirement. The SR1911 has no magazine disconnect either. As such, the SR1911 will not be offered in California in its current configuration. At this point, there are no plans to produce a California compliant model. If you should need further assistance please call our Service Department at 928/778-6555 between 8:00 - 4:00, MST Monday thru Friday, at a time convenient for you. A Ruger Representative will be happy to help you.

If you need further information, please visit our website at www.ruger.com or contact us at:

Revolvers, shotguns, rifles, 10/22 Charger Pistol: (603) 865-2442
Pistols: (928) 778-6555
Serial Number History Information: (603) 865-2424

Please note: This e-mail is sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

Sincerely,
Ruger Firearms

I wonder how hard it would be to convert one to satisfy Ca Law??
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wallenba Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:36 pm

Too bad our Ca. brothers have to deal with that. I resisted all urges from the ex to relocate there many years ago. Not for these reasons. Where will all their regulations end? I would not be surprised if they mandated catalytic converters on the barrels with rotating warning beacons.
wallenba
wallenba

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:41 pm

Don't give them any ideas lol unfortunatly ca is not the only ones
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:04 pm

hmmm, what's the point of a loaded chamber indicator when a gun should always be considered loaded?

A magazine disconnect? I still don't see the point in this feature. Why make a gun unable to fire without the magazine in it? Hmmm, let me guess, Just in case there is still a round in the chamber....this reverts back to ...a gun should always be considered loaded.

hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:12 pm

personally I don't like the magazine disconnect. Case in point, my SR9c has that feature. If the magazine is not in place, then the round in the chamber will not fire.

I had this in my holster. While at the range.... I had reached to pull it from the holster, aimed, pulled the trigger, click... At first I thought maybe primer. Well what had happend, and this might be the holster fault, however, while on my side, the mag release button had been pushed. When it is pushed the mag gets pushed a little bit. Well this little bit was enough to disconnect and not fire. What if I was in a situation to where I needed that round??

Now I need to look at some holsters to remidy this. I wish I knew how to work on the weapon itself and get around that feature...

The wifes Smith and Wesson SD40, that baby will fire magzine or no magazine. I like it....

I am not even sure why even conceal carry in california... Correct me if I am wrong Rich and CMA, but you can't even walk around with a loaded firearm even if concealed right?? I am sure the BG will give you some time to load that while he is holding you up to make it fair....
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fletch_medic Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:05 pm

Not only that Tommy, but tactical reloads. Who is going to wait until the slide locks back to reload???? Not THIS GUY. I am going to keep a round in the chamber while I swap out mags just in case, but if the gun will not fire, what's the use??? I guess California is just setting people up for failure.
fletch_medic
fletch_medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next