Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which way is target supposed to go? Up-side down?

+3
kcatto
RemMan700
EdgarEg
7 posters

Go down

Do you make your own targets to shoot at the gun range?

Which way is target supposed to go? Up-side down? I_vote_lcap22%Which way is target supposed to go? Up-side down? I_vote_rcap 22% 
[ 2 ]
Which way is target supposed to go? Up-side down? I_vote_lcap11%Which way is target supposed to go? Up-side down? I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
Which way is target supposed to go? Up-side down? I_vote_lcap56%Which way is target supposed to go? Up-side down? I_vote_rcap 56% 
[ 5 ]
Which way is target supposed to go? Up-side down? I_vote_lcap11%Which way is target supposed to go? Up-side down? I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
Which way is target supposed to go? Up-side down? I_vote_lcap0%Which way is target supposed to go? Up-side down? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 9

Which way is target supposed to go? Up-side down? Empty Which way is target supposed to go? Up-side down?

Post by EdgarEg Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:47 pm

Which way is target supposed to go? Up-side down?
Targets bought at the range have the square at the bottom, others at the top.
I bought some targets from the gun range. Here is what they look like.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Notice the heavy black square is below the center bullseye. I tried to find some like it on the web and all I found had the heavy black square above the bullseye. Like these:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
So are my gun range targets up-side down? If you know why the black square should be at the top or bottom, please tell me.

Last edited by EdgarEg on Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:53 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : image moved from Google docs.)
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Which way is target supposed to go? Up-side down? Empty Re: Which way is target supposed to go? Up-side down?

Post by RemMan700 Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:33 pm

From what I know the square goes at the top. Your crosshairs aim at the bullseye and your bullets should land in the square. The same thing when you hear guys say they sight their deer rifles to shoot 2" high at a hundred yards so they are good for shots from 100-200yrds.
RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Which way is target supposed to go? Up-side down? Empty Re: Which way is target supposed to go? Up-side down?

Post by kcatto Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:07 pm

that is exactly the way I know it to wok... just as remman said.... square up
kcatto
kcatto

Back to top Go down

Post by XbonesX Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:19 pm

I've started making my own using .25" orange circles with crosshair lines. Aim Small Shoot Small is the saying, and I have definately noticed it help my accuracy as compared to trying to shoot a 2" Square like the range targets.
XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by kcatto Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:27 pm

nice i will have to try this Hawcer.... maybe a small picture of your target is in order..... I just use the sticky dots they are about 1/4 inch florescent multi colored and aim for them.... new dot on old target means new target....
kcatto
kcatto

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:23 pm

kcatto wrote:nice i will have to try this Hawcer.... maybe a small picture of your target is in order..... I just use the sticky dots they are about 1/4 inch florescent multi colored and aim for them.... new dot on old target means new target....

I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer, however, could you possibly mean XbonesX there? I don't see a post by hawcer, but then again, it's been a long day... hehehehe.....
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RichBirdHunter Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:37 pm

Daywalker wrote:
kcatto wrote:nice i will have to try this Hawcer.... maybe a small picture of your target is in order..... I just use the sticky dots they are about 1/4 inch florescent multi colored and aim for them.... new dot on old target means new target....

I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer, however, could you possibly mean XbonesX there? I don't see a post by hawcer, but then again, it's been a long day... hehehehe.....

Way to go Hawcer, stealing bones thunder.
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by kcatto Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:57 pm

wow.... like I said i need to put my dang glasses on.... sorry xbonesx it was your post.... hehehe
kcatto
kcatto

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:34 pm

LOL
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:09 am

I must be a forum ninja....I can get replies with out even posting now,LOL

I do think along the same lines as Bones, the smaller the target, the tighter the groups will be. I aim at the corners of the boxes, not the middle. Sometimes I'll shoot my first shot into the center of a plain piece of paper and use that as my POA.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by kcatto Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:12 pm

forum ninja..... instant classic.... your reputation precedes you....
kcatto
kcatto

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down