Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ruger MK III Target

2 posters

Go down

Ruger MK III Target Empty Ruger MK III Target

Post by RemMan700 Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:16 pm

Yesterday I picked up a Ruger MK III Target in a blued finish. The pistol has a 5.5" heavy target barrel and fully adjustable sights. I went to the range today and put 700+ rounds through it and only had 3 stove pipes. I think that is pretty good reliabilty for a .22 pistol right out of the box. Plus .22 ammo is known to not be reliable. I ran CCI mini mags, Winchester HV, Federal 550 bulk pack, and Remington golden bullet through it. It seemed to shoot best with the Federal bulk pack and then the CCI mini-mags. I am not the best pistolero but if I took my time I was able to put 10 shots inside a 1" square at 7yrds. This is probably the most accurate and fun to shoot pistol I have had my hands on yet.

Ruger MK III Target 20120929_142005

This was shot offhand at 7yrds. The orange square was shot with Federal bulk ammo (20-30 rounds) and the black dot to the lower right was shot with Remington Golden bullet.

Ruger MK III Target 20120930_152435
RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Ruger MK III Target Empty Re: Ruger MK III Target

Post by tripples Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:43 pm

You will enjoy the mk III they are great shooters. I have a mk II in SS and she has one in blue. Both are excellent shooters.

When did you get the stove pipes? Were they near the end of your shooting session or early in it or just random? I get some from time to time when it gets real dirty, but if I keep it clean it runs like a clock. I have been using the blazer bulk ammo and it seems like it is a little cleaner than some of the other bulk ammo.

By the way nice shooting!

tripples

Back to top Go down

Post by RemMan700 Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:57 am

tripples wrote:You will enjoy the mk III they are great shooters. I have a mk II in SS and she has one in blue. Both are excellent shooters.

When did you get the stove pipes? Were they near the end of your shooting session or early in it or just random? I get some from time to time when it gets real dirty, but if I keep it clean it runs like a clock. I have been using the blazer bulk ammo and it seems like it is a little cleaner than some of the other bulk ammo.

By the way nice shooting!

I would say the first stovepipe was around the 300 round mark and the other two were close together around the 700 round mark. Yeah I wish I was able to find or order one in stainless but nobody or their distributors had them. Apparently Ruger stuff is hard to get right now.
RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down