Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bullet Sample packs now available

+3
EdgarEg
dartfreak75
hawcer
7 posters

Go down

Bullet Sample packs now available Empty Bullet Sample packs now available

Post by hawcer Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:27 am

I saw these in the latest rifleman magazine and thought I'd share...

Bullet Sample packs now available Bpsamp11

That's right! You can buy sample packs of 3 major bullet manufacturers for load testing(Barnes,Berger,Nosler). They come in packs of 12 to keep costs down and unused, non-cooperative bullets to a minimum.

Check them out here:
http://www.bulletproofsamples.com/

hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Bullet Sample packs now available Empty Re: Bullet Sample packs now available

Post by dartfreak75 Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:16 pm

a guy at work was teling me about this i looked and looked and could never find anything thanks
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by EdgarEg Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:53 am

I am thinking that this product will not be successful. The product is aimed at reloaders. Reloaders like to re-use stuff and save money. So reloaders like to buy in bulk, not in small quantities.
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:56 am

if I didnt roll my own I would use them to find out what my gun wants.
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by kcatto Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:19 am

I do not see why they would not be successful... it allows a reloader to try three different projectiles per pack to see what their rifle likes the best without having to purchase many different varieties of bullets or projectiles in any kind of bulk.. then when you find the weight and projectiles your rifle likes to eat then you order 500 to 1000 in bulk.... I think they are a good idea...
kcatto
kcatto

Back to top Go down

Post by XbonesX Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:05 pm

my big problem with them is the per price bullet doesn't make it worth it, in my opinion. here is an example, Berger Hunting VLC 6.5mm 140gr. Bullet Proof Sample pack 12 bullets $8.36 thats .69 cents a bullet. MidwayUSA box of 100 $39.99 is .39 cents a bullet.

with that much of a price difference you could sell the remainder at a huge discount and still come out ahead or even. also with local classifieds and online reloading forums you could always trade or sell a box of bullets that didnt work for you, it never hurts to keep a box because you never know when you might find a use for them.

the whole point of it is so you don't waste a bunch of money on a bullet that doesnt work. but if it does work then you've also spent even more.
XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by kcatto Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:32 pm

good point i did not even look at the price..
kcatto
kcatto

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:09 pm

XbonesX wrote:my big problem with them is the per price bullet doesn't make it worth it, in my opinion. here is an example, Berger Hunting VLC 6.5mm 140gr. Bullet Proof Sample pack 12 bullets $8.36 thats .69 cents a bullet. MidwayUSA box of 100 $39.99 is .39 cents a bullet.

with that much of a price difference you could sell the remainder at a huge discount and still come out ahead or even. also with local classifieds and online reloading forums you could always trade or sell a box of bullets that didnt work for you, it never hurts to keep a box because you never know when you might find a use for them.

the whole point of it is so you don't waste a bunch of money on a bullet that doesnt work. but if it does work then you've also spent even more.

See, this is where being a tightwad really comes in handy LOL.. Just joking bones. You do make a valid point on price. Someone like me, yea in the long run, price can be an issue, however, to test, on the spur of a moment, I can cough up 8.36 alot quicker than I could 39.99 and that is where they get you. It is the nickle and dime here that costs you in the long run, but living from paycheck to paycheck, 8.36 to the eye looks better than 39.99 even tho it isn't. Hope that makes sense....
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:51 pm

i agree its a great concept but just way to expensive !
dartfreak75
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down