Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RCBS RS Press

2 posters

Go down

RCBS RS Press Empty RCBS RS Press

Post by Daywalker Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:15 pm

Ok all you RCBS users out there. I have aquired a nice kinda fixer upper today. Bought from a friend, RCBS RS Press. That is all it says. I don't have pictures ready right now, however, by tonight sometime, I will have some pics up.

I don't know much about this press and it is quite different in a way to my Rock Chucker. It has the same handle with the bike grip on it tho.

The ram is rusted pretty good, it will move up and down with some force. The handle is all rusted but can be cleaned up. It is missing the bushing on the top to take the 7/8-14 dies.

I paid 20 bucks for it so can't complain.

What kind of info do you all have about it? IT is just an RS model? Does the RS stand for Rock Chucker Supreme?

Thanks guys/gals....
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

RCBS RS Press Empty Re: RCBS RS Press

Post by hawcer Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:36 pm

It's pretty much the same as the RS-3 I sold you. RS stands for "reloader special".

Good buy! Smile

Ok....the first version RS is actually closer to the JR series.

View the PDF here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:35 pm

Thanks for the pdf.... Now if I am reading this right, there is no bushing like on the RS3 or the Rock Chucker. Says it is already tapped for 7/8-14....

When I first looked at it, I told my friend that it was missing some stuff. I had told him that it was missing the primer catch tray, the bushing and looks to be some more stuff that I was not sure of. Then explained how I would have to clean up the ram to get it working smooth again and free it up as well as the handle. That is when he came back with the price. I was going to offer 45 and glad I waiting till he said ah heck man, give me 20 and you can have her.

It is heavy as heck.... As soon as I get a little bit of sleep, working 3rd shift just takes it out of ya, I will get some pictures as is. I guess I just need to see if I can screw a die into it as is. Heck, may be ready to go after some cleaning LOL....
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down