Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brass Grippers - What do you think?

+6
george457d
eagle60
Daywalker
RichBirdHunter
Reload3006
EdgarEg
10 posters

Go down

Brass Grippers - What do you think? I_vote_lcap0%Brass Grippers - What do you think? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Brass Grippers - What do you think? I_vote_lcap45%Brass Grippers - What do you think? I_vote_rcap 45% 
[ 5 ]
Brass Grippers - What do you think? I_vote_lcap9%Brass Grippers - What do you think? I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]
Brass Grippers - What do you think? I_vote_lcap0%Brass Grippers - What do you think? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Brass Grippers - What do you think? I_vote_lcap18%Brass Grippers - What do you think? I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]
Brass Grippers - What do you think? I_vote_lcap9%Brass Grippers - What do you think? I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
Brass Grippers - What do you think? I_vote_lcap18%Brass Grippers - What do you think? I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

Brass Grippers - What do you think? Empty Brass Grippers - What do you think?

Post by EdgarEg Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:37 pm

I just saw these being advertised in the February 2013 issue of Handloader.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Their web site is here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I do love gadgets but I am not falling in love with these things yet. Would they really be better than picking up the brass with your fingers? Quicker? Less messy?
EdgarEg
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Brass Grippers - What do you think? Empty Re: Brass Grippers - What do you think?

Post by Reload3006 Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:45 pm

so what exactly are they supposed to do for you?
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Brass Grippers - What do you think? Empty Re: Brass Grippers - What do you think?

Post by RichBirdHunter Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:06 am

Reload3006 wrote:so what exactly are they supposed to do for you?

Grip brass, I hope that clears things up for you
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:14 am

lol your so much help Rich what ever would we do with out you What a Face
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:42 am

From the looks of it, I bet, it is suppose to help when doing anything flash hole related. Keep the fatigue of your fingers down to a minimum? Maybe turn it around and us it with the lee trimmer? Well no, the trimmer might not work. I don't know heck. Just some gimmk to take money from new comers?
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle60 Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:37 am

For the price they have on em I think I will just continue to use my fingers. Have hauled quite a bit of firewood in my time and have a pretty descent grip. When the "grippers" get tired, I just go to a different operation for a while Smile
eagle60
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by RichBirdHunter Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:52 am

I feel a group buy coming up
RichBirdHunter
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:59 am

You know if they were teflon and angled 90 deg they would make great bullet getters off My Hollow pointing punch Basketball But what I made works pretty darn good.
Reload3006
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by george457d Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:39 pm

I'm thinking this is going to be as useful as a "D.V.D. rewinder"
chicken
george457d
george457d

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasquatch-1 Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:07 am

her then holding a case while trying to trim or do a full anneal, I can't see any pratical reason to have one.

Now if you could take those jaws and rig them so they are level with the blade on the little Harbor Freight saw so I could get a nice right angle cut wile I am trimming 40 S&W, I might be interested.
Sasquatch-1
Sasquatch-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicnac Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am

Naw, I have better things to buy fro 90 bucks.........................
Nicnac
Nicnac

Back to top Go down

Brass Grippers - What do you think? Empty brass grippers

Post by legend121dc Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:13 pm

well after preparing about 100 cases fingers get sore and grip becomes less certain a good product to cure that problem

legend121dc

Back to top Go down

Brass Grippers - What do you think? Empty no more sore fingers

Post by prairiedogsteve Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:20 pm

I was in a group of reloaders who the manufacturer choose to test this new tool. All who tried it really like the utility and ease of use. I just finished cleaning and primer pocket uniforming about 400 22-250 cases with my prototype tool on a Hornady case prep machine. Cases had been resized and still had case lube on them. The job completed in about half the time it normally takes me and I had no greasy fingers or sore hands. A really slick tool

prairiedogsteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down