Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW BRASS

4 posters

Go down

NEW BRASS Empty NEW BRASS

Post by tripples Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:43 am

Anyone ever bought new brass like Nosler, Norma, or some of the others? I was wondering what kind of case consistancy you have with them as far as weight, neck thickness, and overall accuracy goes.

I have been sorting brass for a while now and was thinking it may be time to pick up some new brass to work with for accuracy goes.

Tripples

tripples

Back to top Go down

NEW BRASS Empty Re: NEW BRASS

Post by XbonesX Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:16 am

I'm a cheap bastard and when I have to buy brass I just get Winchester.

my Grandpa did get a box of the Nosler Custom for Xmas, but we are out of town so I can't tell you. It appears very well made though.
XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by tripples Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:47 am

When you get home please let me know what your thoughts are on it and how well it is as far as consistancy goes.

tripples

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:28 pm

If you want the best consistancy and strength....go with Lapua brass. You are gonna pay out the nose for it.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by tripples Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:22 am

Well I just brokedown and bought a box of Nosler brass, I weighed each and every case and they are not exact in weight. There were 30 that were the same, another 12 that were the same, 6 that were the same, and 2 that were the same. All were within 8/10th of a grain. Not bad I guess. I was hoping for 50 that were exact. But out of 100 rounds of other brass I sorted I was lucky to get 15 cases that weighed the same.
I also noticed that all the case flash holes were deburred, They were deburred a little deeper than I debur any that I have done in the past. The primer pockets look consistant to each other. (I have not yet primed any of them)
Overall I am happy so far I will post the results once I get some loaded and get to fire them.

Tripples

tripples

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:01 pm

I only buy Winchester brass new, and 1xfired I like Winchester and RP very seldom get anything other than that. Sometimes I will reload Federal which seems to be ok, but I prefer Winchester over all else. I don't have money to waste on higher priced brass and I doubt very seriously that any other brass can compete with the accuracy of my reloads using Winchest. It just doesn't get much better than clover leaf and one hole sized groups.
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down