Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trade Glock 19 for a new Ruger SR9??

+4
hawcer
Mohunter
tripples
victor8881
8 posters

Go down

Trade Glock 19 for a new Ruger SR9?? Empty Trade Glock 19 for a new Ruger SR9??

Post by victor8881 Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:16 am

Glock owners know stock barrels can't take lead bullets, so i Was going to buy a LoneWolf drop in barrel for my G-19, but figured with the extra $115.00 I was investing in an aftermarket barrel, I could trade my Glock 19 in for a brand new Ruger SR9 which has a rifled barrel that will shoot lead! I have zero use for two 9mm pistols so one would turn into a dust collector... Anyone own this Ruger SR9, shoot reloads and more importantly lead through it and enjoy the pistol? I like my Glock but hate that lead bullets in stock form is a no no!

victor8881

Back to top Go down

Trade Glock 19 for a new Ruger SR9?? Empty Re: Trade Glock 19 for a new Ruger SR9??

Post by tripples Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:14 am

If you like the Glock or it has night sights, or you have a bunch of extra magazines go for the barrel swap. If you are not in love with it go for the trade. Some people love the glock's I personaly am not a big fan of them. Every one I ever shot worked great and was accurate but I just could not get comfortable with them. I do know 2 people that have swapped barrels in glocks (1 in 9mm and 1 in 45 acp) and have had no problems shooting lead through the new barrels. The accuracy was just as good if not better than the factory barrels.
Tripples

tripples

Back to top Go down

Trade Glock 19 for a new Ruger SR9?? Empty Re: Trade Glock 19 for a new Ruger SR9??

Post by Mohunter Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:53 am

I am at that same crossroads Victor. I have a Glock 20 10mm and I have also been wanting to shoot my own lead cast because it would be cheaper.
My problem is that I have too much invested in it to sell it. Aftermarket TFO's (Tru Glo Tritium Fiber Optic Night Sights) which are $115 bucks a freaking set, and mine also has a 3.5 lb trigger connector to lighten up the trigger pull. There's absolutely no way I could ever recoup what money I have in it, so I'm just going to keep mine. It shoots great, but not as good as a revolver would, or a 1911 would......some of those are highly accurate!

So.......I'm in the same boat with ya. I still carry it around here now and then when I'm out and about. I also keep it near my bed for home defense because these TFO's are bitchin!!
These TFO's glow like fire in total darkness, all I need to see is a sillouhette and it's fubar!!

Good luck, hope you find something and let us know how it turns out.
Mohunter
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:47 am

If you are very familiar with the Glock and like tripples said, have all the accessories to go with it. Just get the barrel.
hawcer
hawcer
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by RemMan700 Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:32 am

I would just get the barrel for the Glock (because there is no better gun in the world Troll ), or if you were set on getting another gun I personally would choose a Springfield XD over a SR9.

Last edited by RemMan700 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
RemMan700
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:49 am

Personally, I would ditch the Glock and get a much lead friendlier firearm. I just can not see myself purchasing a handgun and then having to turn around and purchase a new barrel just to shoot lead.

I would probably take Ruger over a Glock. I did own a Glock once. It was the Model 17.

If I had the decision to make, The Ruger SR9 would probably be the best choice...

Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by badjeep02 Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:44 pm

I know I’m Glock brainwashed and all, but a Glock for a Ruger? Maybe that Ruger AR-15, sure. Lol!
badjeep02
badjeep02

Back to top Go down

Post by XbonesX Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:55 pm

badjeep02 wrote:I know I’m Glock brainwashed and all, but a Glock for a Ruger? Maybe that Ruger AR-15, sure. Lol!

I'm with Jeep on this one. I love my Ruger Rifles, but I have never liked their pistols.
XbonesX
XbonesX
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:57 pm

Well Victor, I will let you know how the Ruger SR9 is. Just picked one up today Yehaw

Pretty nice indeed. I definatly see why you were thinking about it. I will get some picture of it up as soon as my camera batteries charge...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by victor8881 Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:00 pm

Daywalker wrote:Well Victor, I will let you know how the Ruger SR9 is. Just picked one up today Yehaw

Pretty nice indeed. I definatly see why you were thinking about it. I will get some picture of it up as soon as my camera batteries charge...

If you can do a nice table top review using casted rounds!! Everyone bitches about the "trigger".... I've shot and carried all kinds of Glocks and in stock form the trigger is basically the same! I like how the grip is not slanted like a Glock and feels more like a 1911 fitting. Glock when dialed in is the best cause it fires like an AK.... Dirty and at any time.... I've had my Glocks for years this 19 is my plinker and after 7k I'm still not comfortable with it!

victor8881

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:07 pm

I will see what kinda of review I can do for ya. I am not very good at reviewing firearm and have not really done one. I already have some cases and I do have a mould to cast some 9's (sorry, I got on the subject of a different caliber when I initially started talking about moulds Darn with. I do not have any loads worked up for it yet.

Let me get a few things worked out. Hopefully I can make it to the range and show it in action.

Yea it does have the trigger of the Glock. Compared to a Glock, yea pretty much the same. Plastic and has that safety lever that has to be pulled before the trigger can be depressed. I myself do not like that feature, however it seems alot of firearms are going that route. That is the one thing about the Savage Accutriggers that I do not like as well, they have something simular to that. I do know what you mean. I have seen some people type that they do not like plastic on their firearms and puts down all the others that are polymer, yet for whatever reason, Glock seems to be Exempt from that catagory, odd how that works...

Anyhow, not bashing Glocks. Like I stated earlier, I did have a model 17 at one time. It did not impress me much at all, so I just sold it and moved on...
Daywalker
Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tripples Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:05 am

When I posted the first time I didnt want to offer one make over another as far as a recomendation. I will say that I love my XDM. I will also say that the changes to the XDM from the XD is what sold me on the XDM. From the angle and taper of the slide serations, to the grip, the ease of field stripping, and the interchangeable backstraps. I bought the XDM back in March of 2010 and have fired over 1500 rounds through it. Its been out in the freezing cold with and without gloves on, in 100 degree sweat dripping off your you know what, and your hands, to rain. Never once was racking the slide an effort with the layout of the finger groves. I have also used this pistol in tactical shoots where 10 rounds are max per mag. so reloads are a must. The mag. releases real easy and the taper on the mag. enters the mag. well with ease and locks in place real well. The trigger has a noticeable reset when fireing under target practice situation, but not at all noticeable in double tap shoots when you are running the clock.
So with that said I would consider taking a look at the XDM If you are happy with the Glock I think you will be even more happy with a XDM.
Tripples

tripples

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down